• Wednesday — 11:30 a.m., Brownbaggers Lunch meet at Pat Adam’s. Afterwards begin Chickenfoot games. Dessert and coffee will be provided. Information: (918) 687-573.
• Thursday — Blood Drive at Civic Center. Call Dee Paige (918) 680-0087 to volunteer.
• Friday — 10 a.m., Board of Directors’ meeting at 720 W. Broadway, all officers must attend. Call Sue Bishop (918) 685-0764 if unable to attend.
• March 10 — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Happy Quilters meet at St. Paul’s Methodist Church. Hamburgers from Boom-a-Rang diner for lunch. We’ve started another quilt and we’ll work on it or individual projects.
• March 14 — 11 a.m., General Meeting, annual potato luncheon. Potatoes and condiments will be provided. Each member attending should bring a salad of dessert.
Books Sandwiched In
At 11:30 a.m. March 12, retired educator Betty Barrett will review the book “Orphan Train” by novelist Christina Baker Kline. The book recalls the orphan trains that ran regularly from the cities of the East Coast to the farmlands of the Midwest, carrying thousands of abandoned children whose fates would be determined by luck or chance.
“I was so moved by this book,” Barrett said in a media release. “The characters of Molly and Vivian are brave, difficult, true hearted women. Join me at Book Sandwiched In and we will journey with them through a story of heartbreak and history.”
Lunch will be served by The Methodist Women and costs $3.