Club news runs on Sundays. The deadline for club news is noon Wednesday.
Green Country Duplicate Bridge
Green Country Duplicate Bridge meets at 12:30 p.m. each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Kiwanis Senior Citizens Center, 119 Spaulding Blvd. Newcomers are welcome. If you are interested in playing or learning to play duplicate bridge, call Ann Kent at (918) 682-3098, Mary Smith at (918) 682-2605, or Sandy Cole at (918) 684-9002.
• June 19 — Rene Tyrrell and Alice Barham, first; and Dean Cousparis and Nettie Kaad tied with Becky Powers and Mary Beyers for second.
• June 21 — Linda Stearnes and Becky Powers, first; Joan Chapman and Carol Ketchum, second; and Mary Smith and Ralph Parker, third.
• June 24 — Swiss Team game with Mary Smith and Ralph Parker winning three rounds. Joan Chapman and Fran Martin, Dave Murdock and Ann Kent, and Betty Jordan and Norma Kolmer each won one round.
Muskogee New Friends
New Friends upcoming activities:
• July 3 — Brown Baggers Domino Group. Lunch will be at 11:30 a.m. at Billie’s house — dessert and coffee will be provided — games will follow lunch. Information: (918) 683-2628.
• July 4 — Blood drive, canceled.
• July 5 — Board meeting, canceled.
• July 8 — Happy Quilters will meet at the Chandler Road Church of Christ from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be the usual “hamburger run” to Boomerang for lunch. Dessert and drinks will be provided. The club also will be finishing another Christmas quilt to be raffled off. The quilt will be on display at the craft show. The club also is working on other various items to sell at the annual Oklahoma Craft Show, which occurs in October at the Fairgrounds.
• July 12 — General meeting begins at 10:00 a.m. Guest speaker will be Doug Walton with the Farmers’ Market.
• July 26 — Cowboy’s buffet lunch/games. Lunch will be served promptly at 11:30 a.m., and games will begin after lunch. Reservations required. Call (918) 682-1704 for further information.
Soroptimist International of Muskogee
Soroptimist International of Muskogee met on June 14 to install officers, board members and delegates for 2013-14. The Muskogee chapter of Soroptimist International is a group of business and professional women in the area who work to improve the lives of women and girls in the community.
Officers are: President Cindy Perkins; President Elect Jaushlyn Hoover; Vice-President Kim Winston; Secretary Faye Waits; Treasurer Sue McBride; board member one year, Vicky Spradling; board member two years, Vicki Rackley; delegate one year, Anita Walker; alternate one year, Mary Maroney; delegate two years, Susan Bennett; alternate two years, Carole Fisher; past president, Kathy Durland.
Information: Cindy Perkins, (918) 869-7781.
This week, the club will celebrate Independence Day, which is a source inspiration for all Americans. How to inspire others is a skill Toastmasters learn as they work through their projects. If you are interested in learning to inspire others, come to a Toastmasters meeting.
Toastmasters meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. at Three Rivers Museum, 220 Elgin. Visitors are always welcome.