The New Century Book Club’s annual Guest Day Tea will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, in the parlor of the First Presbyterian Church. The tea will be hosted by the social committee, Jill Abdallah, chairman. The review, which is the reviewer’s choice, will be presented by Betsy Kennedy.
The auxiliary unit 403 of Joshua M. Seals Memorial American Legion Post 403 will hold installation of officers May 7 at 123000 Oktaha Road (First Community Church).
Nancy Ellisa, district 2 president will be the installing officer. Being installed will be:
• President — Barbara Cartwright.
• First vice — Donna Stout.
• Second vice — Alicia Younger.
• Secretary/treasurer — Jennifer Cartwright.
• Chaplin — Betty Bradshaw.
• Sgt. at arms — Joyce Stine.
• Historian — Wilma Allen.
The public is invited.
Meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month. A potluck dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. and the meetings start at 7 p.m.