Green Country Duplicate Bridge
Green Country Duplicate Bridge meets at 12:30 p.m. each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Kiwanis Senior Citizens Center, 119 Spaulding Blvd. Newcomers are welcome. If you are interested in playing or learning to play duplicate bridge, call Ann Kent at (918) 682-3098, Mary Smith at (918) 682-2605, or Sandy Cole at (918) 684-9002.
• July 10 — Renee Tyrrell and Bill Porter, first; and Janice Chance and Helen Richmond, second.
• July 12 — Marcia Robinson and Alice Barham, first; and Ruth Sharpe and Werner Wagner, second.
• July 15 — Ralph Parker and Fran Martin, first; and Ruth Sharpe and Betty Jordan, second.
• July 17 — Renee Tyrrell and Alice Barham, first; and Helen Richmond and Mary Beyers, second.
• July 19 — Dave Murdock and Norma Kolmer, first; Mary Smith and Ralph Parker, second; and Marcia Robinson and Alice Barham, third.
• July 22 — Norma Kolmer and Linda Stearns, first; and Mary Smith and Ralph Parker, second.
Proceeds from the 15th annual Cruis’n Angels/BancFirst Car Show, along with Oriental Lodge Masonic Lodge #430, are being presented their largest check in the 15 years of existence to Good Shepherd Health Clinic of Muskogee. Cruis’n Angels President Joe Schmidgall presented a check for $11,500 to Good Shepherd Health Clinic President Marilyn Gilder surrounded by clinic volunteers and club members.
None of it would have been possible without the help from the club’s sponsors. The club of 54 members worked diligently contacting sponsors who opened their hearts and checkbooks to help.
The Good Shepherd Health Clinic is run totally by volunteers, giving health care to patients with no insurance coverage and no means of medical attention.
Looking for a way to step outside of your comfort zone? Taking on new projects or participating in something outside of your comfort zone helps a person see the world from a new perspective. Toastmaster meetings are the perfect place to broaden your horizons.
The next meeting is at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday night at Three Rivers Museum, 220 Elgin.
Muskogee Antiques and Collectible Club
The Muskogee Antiques and Collectible Club will hold its July meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at the Muskogee Public Library. The speaker is Mike Condren, an avid railroad historian. He will give a presentation on the 10 railroads which have served Muskogee since the Katy arrived here in 1871.
The meeting is open to all. Refreshments will be served. Everyone is asked to bring items for show and tell.
Information: Betsy Edwards, (918) 683-1908.
Muskogee New Friends
New Friend Club recently hosted Dougl Walton of the Muskogee Farmers’ Market. Walton gave a presentation on a healthy dietary lifestyle: Eat fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet and visit the market if you don’t raise your own.
Green Country Duplicate Bridge
- Shutterbugs Club announces Feb. winners
- Strolling players appear in Muskogeee
- Area students earn piano ratings
- True Grit Welness Challenge begins
- Love Outreach sets March 20 program
- Trees to be available for Arbor Day
- Club news 03/09/14
- Local congregations 03.08.14
- Vintners ready for wine fest
- Guard against flank attacks
- More Features Headlines