BLACKJACK MISSIONARY, Old Taft Road and 94th St. North, will host the Rev. Jerry Roy Morrison during its revival at 7 p.m. Dec. 10, 11 and 12, and will continue at Mount Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 902 Rutherford, at 7 p.m. Dec. 13 and 14. Morrison is formerly of Muskogee and serves as senior pastor of Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church in Los Angeles, Calif. He is an orator, preacher and singer, and his ministry has spanned more than 24 years. He has preached in 44 states and seven foreign countries. Information: 686-6434 or 682-3187.
CALVARY, 220 S. R St., announces that the Rev. Rex Wilkinson will be the speaker at the 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. worship services Sunday. Information: 682-8681 or 686-0099.
EASTERN HEIGHTS, 2401 Haskell Blvd., will host Brian Free and Assurance in concert at 7 p.m. Tuesday. There is no charge, a love offering will be taken. Information: Diane Finley, 682-5556.
FIRST, Tullahassee, will host its monthly musical at 3 p.m. Sunday. Special guests will be New Hope Baptist Church of Tulsa, The Bristow Travelers, The Cole Sisters of Boley and Tulsa and their churches. A love offering will be taken. Information: Louise L. Lewis, 360-2218.
FOUNTAIN, 2540 W. 60th St., Haynes, will host a gospel musical at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8. Special guests include: The Friendly Oklahoma Jubilee, Sensational Spiritual Travelers, The Spiritual GQ’s, and The Spiritual Harmonizers. Information: the Rev. Don Sells, 513-2557.
OLD AGENCY, 1115 N. 24th St., will host a three-day Revival of Signs and Wonders at 7 p.m. Sunday through Tuesday. Prophet Apostle Alfred Henton will be the guest speaker. He is married to pastor Veda Hardwick-Henton, a psalmist and the pastor of their church, Destiny Outreach Miracle Center in Birmingham, Ala. Information: 360-3374.
OLDHAM MEMORIAL, 3705 Tahlequah, offers on Sundays: 9:30 a.m. Sunday School classes for all ages; 10:40 a.m. worship service led by Scott McDaniel and pastor Tom Gragg; 5:30 p.m. group meetings for children, first through sixth grade and youth; 6:30 p.m. worship service. Wednesdays a prayer service begins at 6:30 p.m. Nursery provided for ages birth to 5. Information: 682-4916 or www.oldhammbc.org.
ST. MARK, 1020 S. Second St., will host the Creek District Unity Day and Lord’s Supper Service at 6 p.m. Sunday. Pastor Don Dumas of Deans Chapel will be preaching. His choir will be singing as well as a combined district choir from the Muskogee Creek District Churches.
VANN LAKE, 5068 N. 90th St. West, Porter, seven miles north on U.S. 69, turn west at Baker’s Catfish and go one and one-half miles, will host its monthly gospel singing and dinner at 6 p.m. Dec. 22, the fourth Saturday of the month. All singers welcome. Information: 686-6980.
ST. JOSEPH, 321 N. Virginia St., is offering classes and activities:
• First Saturday Mass will be at 9 a.m. today in the Adoration Chapel.
• The Altar Society will have its annual Cookie and Candy sale from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. today in parish hall.
• Knights of Columbus will host the statewide mid-year meeting this weekend at St. Joseph.
• Blessing of the Advent wreath at all Masses this weekend.
• A Novena for Our Lady of Guadeloupe will be held nightly from Tuesday through Dec. 12. The rosary will be at 6:30 p.m. followed by Mass in Spanish at 7 p.m.
• Confessions will be heard from 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays of Advent, and from 4:15 to 5:15 p.m. Saturdays.
• Vigil Mass for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception will be at 7 p.m. Friday.
• Confirmation class will be at 6 p.m. Sunday, followed by the youth social at 7 p.m.
• Youth night for ninth to 12th grades is at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the youth room.
BOULEVARD, 820 E. Okmulgee Ave., offers the following classes and activities:
• Sundays: 9 and 10:30 a.m., worship and Sunday School classes for all ages.
• Mondays: 10 a.m., Grief Share Support Group; 7 p.m., Solutions: Change Your Life and Relationships by Finding the Right Solutions, auditorium.
• Tuesdays: 7 to 8:30 p.m., DivorceCare Support Group for adults and DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K).
• Wednesdays: 6:30 p.m., worship and youth groups for all ages.
• Thursdays: 7 p.m., Celebrate Recovery, a Christ-centered program of recovery of hurts, habits, hang-ups.
CHURCH OF GOD
CROSS CHURCH OF GOD, 306 S. B St., will host it's annual Ladies Conference at 7 p.m. Dec. 7 and 9 a.m. Dec. 8. Featured speaker will be Jan Aldridge. Pam Brewer, Oklahoma Administrative Bishop’s wife, will be speaking Saturday morning. Lunch will be provided, then Jan will speak again at 2 p.m. Cost: $10 registration fee. Aldridge also will minister at the 10:30 a.m. Dec. 9 worship service. Information: 687-6781.
FIRST, F Street and East Broadway, has adult Sunday School at 9:15 a.m., and the children will have a rehearsal for the Christmas program at the same time. Worship service is at 10:30 a.m. Sundays. For van pickup or for information: Wayne Schuett, pastor, 682-9533.
• Kids ‘N the Bible will meet at 3 p.m. today at the church. There will be a Bible story and prepare to ride in the Christmas parade. All children ages 4 through sixth grade are invited to join the group.
• Advent midweek services will begin at 7 p.m. Wednesday. Theme is, “Christ: Prophet, Priest and King.”
MUSKOGEE COOPERATIVE MINISTRIES will meet at 7 p.m. Monday at Honor Heights United Methodist Church, 302 Honor Heights Drive. Various related organizations will give reports.
PRAISE CENTER FAMILY CHURCH, 302 N. Seventh St., will host a free community Christmas Eve dinner from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 24. Information: 682-1001.
FAITH DELIVERANCE CHRISTIAN CENTER, 401 Independence Ave., has Destiny Skate Center at 910 S. D St., from 7 to 9 p.m. Saturdays. It features video games, pool table, music, more. Admission: $2.50 plus $1 for skate rental. Information: 781-0039.
GOD’S POWERHOUSE CHRISTIAN CENTER, 1616 E. Hancock St., hosts holy ghost healing services at 7 p.m. Saturdays with pastors Danny and Brandy Scott. Information: 682-1030 or 360-2089 or www.GodsPowerhouse.org.
• Make Me Like Jesus meetings are at 6:30 p.m. Mondays with Apostle Charley Ford.
• Leadership classes with Bishop Charley Ford are 7 p.m. Thursdays. Information: www.ForSuchATime.org/events.
BETHANY, 2000 Haskell Blvd., offers these classes and activities:
• Tai Chi classes, 7:30 a.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
• Tuesday, 7 p.m., Boy Scout Troop No. 602.
• Meals on Wheels are prepared and delivered on Wednesdays and Fridays. Volunteers are welcome and needed.
• A scrapbooking class continues on Thursdays through Dec. 6. Information: 682-8683.
• Magnolia Gardens worship service is at 5:45 p.m. Sunday, the first and fourth Sundays of the month.
• Youth will have a float in the Christmas parade today; Hanging of the Greens service today, in the sanctuary.
• Joy of Giving Shoppe, for underprivileged children to come and pick out gifts for their parents, will be from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 15. Registration is through the Salvation Army.
• Christmas Eve services will be at 7 and 11 p.m. Dec. 24. Information: 682-8683.
FIRST, 500 W. Broadway, offers these classes and activities:
• Saturday, 8:30 to 10 a.m., Breakfast on Broadway, free community breakfast in Nash Hall; 9 a.m., Ramp It Up Workday.
• Sunday, 11 a.m. worship service; 5 p.m. evening handbell choir rehearsal.
• Monday, noon to 1 p.m., Monday Musings meeting, bring a sack lunch; 1 p.m., Monday Prayer Group, church library.
• Tuesday, 5:30 p.m., Girl Scouts fund-raising event, Nash Hall; 7 p.m., Grief Share, church library.
• Wednesday, noon, Glory Ringers rehearsal; 5:30 p.m. sanctuary choir rehearsal.
• Friday, 6 p.m., Friends of Yule Song Dinner in Nash Hall, a freewill offering will be accepted; 7 p.m., Yule Song program, “In the Spirit of Christmas Past,” in the sanctuary.
• Dec. 11, 10 a.m., Presbyterian Women’s Association will host a Christmas Coffee in Nash Hall with the bell choir from Country Gardens Assisted Living Center providing a variety of music.
• Dec. 24, 7 p.m., child friendly service; 11 p.m. candlelight service.
FIRST, 600 E. Okmulgee Ave., offers these activities:
• Mondays and Thursdays, 6:30 p.m., Rags to Recovery Gamblers Anonymous.
• Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, Coed Church Volleyball League games.
• Mondays, 6:30 a.m., Men’s prayer breakfast at Boom-A-Rang Diner; 6:30 p.m. heavy metal youth hand bell rehearsal.
• Tuesdays, 6:30 p.m., First Place Bible Study/weight loss program.
• Wednesdays, 4 p.m., youth Bible study; 6 p.m.
FIRST, Porter, will host a free community breakfast from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Sunday, the last Sunday of the month. Information: 483-6013.
GORE, Fourth and Winn streets, will host a Parents Night Out from 6 to 9 p.m. Dec. 21, third Friday of the month. Parents with children from infants to 10 years may drop off children with no charge. Children may enjoy crafts, storytelling, games.
• Fellowship and worship for children and youth called Sunday Night Life begins with children’s choir at 5:15 p.m. followed by Kids Club and Youth Group at 6 p.m. with both groups coming together at 7 p.m. for worship. Information: 489-5313.
• Gore-Webbers Falls Community Food Pantry is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Monday and Tuesday of the third full week of each month. Groceries will be handed out at Gore United Methodist Church. This food pantry is hosted by the Gore United Methodist Church and sponsored by the Gore-Webbers Falls Ministerial Alliance. Information: 489-5313.
ST. PAUL, 2130 W. Okmulgee Ave., will host a free community breakfast from 8 to 10 a.m. Dec. 8, second Saturday of each month, in the activity building. Enter through the south door. Information: 687-7571. Angel tree names will be available on the Christmas tree in the atrium. This is sponsored by the Prison Fellowship Ministry. Other activities:
• Sunday, 8:30 a.m. Rowsey Chapel; 9 a.m. FUEL Contemporary worship service, Fellowship Hall; 9 a.m. FUEL for Kids, Early Childhood Center; 9:45 a.m. Sunday School and Spirit Zone; 11 a.m. worship service, sanctuary; 11 a.m. Advent Workshop, Activity Center; 5:30 p.m. youth group.
• Tuesday, 9 a.m., senior adult yoga, Narthex.
• Dec. 8, 9 a.m., senior adults trip to Oklahoma City to see Oklahoma City University Spirit Dancers.
• Dec. 16, 6 p.m., Feast of Christmas dinner.
• Dec. 17, 8 p.m., Muskogee Community Chorus presents, Handel’s Messiah.
• Dec. 20, 7 p.m., United Methodist Women Circle Three Christmas party.
• Dec. 24, 6 and 11 p.m., candlelight service.
TRINITY, 518 Houston St., hosts Muskogee Cooperative Ministries Baby Basket Infant Supply Closet. Hours: 10 a.m. to noon Mondays; 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays; and 4:30 to 6 p.m. Wednesdays. Photo identification is requested. Information: 687-4693.
• Sundays, 9:30 a.m. Sunday School; 10:45 a.m. worship service.
• Wednesdays, 7 p.m., Bible study.
• Sunday, 4 p.m., Hanging of the Greens.
• Dec. 20, 7 p.m., annual Christmas program featuring musicians: Peggy Harris, LaDonna Sayes and Cathy Tyrrell Hayes.
• Dec. 24, 5 p.m., Christmas Eve service. Information: 599-5156.
TRI-STATE GOSPEL SINGING CONVENTION, 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. today, Trinity Baptist Church, Oktaha. Potluck lunch at noon. Information: 733-4259.
LES FELDICK BIBLE STUDY, 7 to 9 p.m. today at Kiwanis Senior Citizens Center, 119 Spaulding Blvd. Information: 683-2731 or 869-8857.
ANNUAL CHRISTMAS GIVE-A-WAY, 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 8, Praise Center Family Church, 302 N. Seventh St. Sponsor: Alpha Lambda Zeta. No referrals necessary. Clothing for the entire family. Items donated by Twice Is Nice, and members of the sorority. Information: Dee Richardson, 687-6576, or Christine Wiley, 682-0010.
THE JOYFUL NOISE NETWORK features the Rev. Tony Wooden and “Churching with St. Paul,” Greater Shiloh Outreach, New Life Ministries from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturdays on Channel 29. Information: 680-1521.
DERRICK A. REED RADIO MINISTRIES will present the Joy In The Morning Radio Show, heard on KTFX 101.7 FM, at 8 a.m. Sunday mornings. Information: 856-1683 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
“THE SOUNDS OF SUNDAY” radio show will be heard at 7:30 a.m. Sundays on KTFX 101.7 FM in Muskogee. The Rev. Leon Schneider, pastor of the Wagoner Church of God of Prophecy, will be the host.
MUSKOGEE COUNTY GOSPEL SINGING CONVENTION, 1:30 p.m. Sunday, the first Sunday of the month, Greenleaf Apartments, 715 S. York St. Information: Zane Harding, 733-4259, or Charles and Fay Learned, 683-4230.
“JESUS IS COMING!” a TV broadcast, airs the first four Fridays of each month at 6:30 a.m. on local channel 44 ION. Drs. Floyd W. and Beverly J. Williams, producers. Information: www.ms7.com.
BIBLE STUDY CLASS from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the Martin Luther King Center, 627 N. Third St.