Club news runs on Sundays. The deadline for club news is noon Wednesday.
Green Country Duplicate Bridge
Green Country Duplicate Bridge meets at 12:30 p.m. each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Kiwanis Senior Citizens Center, 119 Spaulding Blvd. Newcomers are welcome. If you are interested in playing or learning to play duplicate bridge, call Ann Kent at (918) 682-3098, Mary Smith at (918) 682-2605, or Sandy Cole at (918) 684-9002.
• Aug. 21 — Bill Porter and Mary Beyers, first; Mary Hoover and Minnie Sheffield, second; and Renee Tyrrell and Pat Weatherbee tied with Grace Sweeney and Marialice Davis, and Sandra Cole and Santa McWilliams for third.
• Aug. 23 —Marcia Robinson and Alice Barham, first; and Jane Lopes and Betty Jordan, second.
• Aug. 26 — Linda Stearns and Norma Kolmer, first; and Joan Chapman and Carol Ketchum, second.
No game will be played on Labor Day.
Sons of Confederate Veterans
Colonel Dew Moore Wisdom, Sons of Confederate Veterans Camp 307 will meet at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 12 at the Muskogee Public Library. The historical program will be “Charles William Read, Lieutenant, Confederate States Navy.” Read was called one of the outstanding naval officers on both sides during the War.
The public is invited to our meetings.
Information: Harold Tydings, (918) 459-6869 or email@example.com.
Muskogee New Friends
Upcoming events for the Muskogee New Friends:
• Wednesday —Chickenfoot at Pat Adam's house. Bring a lunch and plan to eat at 11:30 a.m. Dessert and coffee will be provided.
• Thursday — Blood drive. See Dee Paige to volunteer.
• Friday — Board meeting at Odd Fellows Lodge, 720 W. Broadway. All officers must attend. Information: Sue Bishop, (918) 685-0164.
• Sept. 9 — Happy Quilters meeting from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Chandler Road Church of Christ, 3500 Chandler Road. The club has finished another quilt and is working on a variety of handmade items, all of which will be in the club’s booth at the United Methodist’s annual “Frost on the Pumpkin Festival.”
• Sept. 13 — General meeting. Guest speaker will be Brooke Hall with the Muskogee Swim and Fitness Center. Meeting starts at 10 a.m. at the Odd Fellows Lodge, 720 W. Broadway.