Club news runs on Sundays. The deadline for club news is noon Wednesday.
Green Country Duplicate Bridge
Green Country Duplicate Bridge meets at 12:30 p.m. each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Kiwanis Senior Citizens Center, 119 Spaulding Blvd. Newcomers are welcome. If you are interested in playing or learning to play duplicate bridge, call Ann Kent at (918) 682-3098, Mary Smith at (918) 682-2605, or Sandy Cole at (918) 684-9002.
• Oct. 16 — Mary Hoover and Minnie Sheffield, first; and Renee Tyrrell and Pat Weatherby tied with Mary Beyers and Doris Taylor for second.
• Oct. 18 — Mary Smith and Ralph Parker, first; Joan Chapman and Carol Ketchum, second; Linda Stearns and Werner Wagner, third and Fran Martin and Betty Jordan, fourth.
Swiss team games were played on Oct. 21 for gold points. The winning team was Ann Kent, Jane Lopes, Mary Smith, and Werner Wagoner. A Halloween Party will be held at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Kiwanis Center.
All interested bridge players are invited with their favorite partner. Please RSVP before Tuesday to Ann or Mary. STaC games will be held on Nov. 4 and 8 for silver points.
Keystone Study Club
Keystone Study Club will meet at 1 p.m. Monday in the home of Pat Acebo, who will also present the program. Current events will be given by Gayle Farmer, Dorothy Fite and Shirley Fite.
Upcoming events for the Muskogee New Friends club:
• Monday — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Happy Quilters, St. Paul's Methodist Church, all participants in the craft show must be in attendance to price their items for the show. The usual hamburger run will happen. The club has tickets for sale for a chance on its new quilt, which will be on display at the First Methodist Church's Craft show Nov. 8 and 9. $1 per ticket or 6 for $5. Call Virginia at (918) 686-0277.
• Friday — 10 a.m. board meeting, all officers must attend or call Sue Bishop, (918) 685-0164 if unable to attend.
• Nov. 6 — 11:30 a.m. Brown Baggers, bring your lunch to Pat Adam's house. Dessert and coffee will be provided.
• Nov. 7 — Blood drive, see Dee Paige to volunteer, (918) 680-0087.
• Nov. 8 — 10 a.m. general meeting. The guest speaker will be Tim McNew with AARP tax division. Coffee and refreshments at 9:30 a.m., 720 West Broadway.
Fort Gibson Genealogical and Historical Society
The Fort Gibson Genealogical and Historical Society will have the November meeting at 6 p.m. Nov. 4 at the United Methodist Church in Fort Gibson.
The Genealogy Library will be open at 5 p.m. for those who would want to do research.
This is the club’s Thanksgiving meeting, and members are to bring a dish to compliment a turkey or ham.
A short business meeting will be only if the club has business to take care of.
For a ride or more info contact Marsha Elliott at (918) 478-3345 or Mable Taylor at (918) 478-3845.