“Buddy — The Buddy Holly Story” was named the 2012-13 Show of the Year at Muskogee Little Theatre’s annual “Milties” Awards ceremony on Saturday night at the theater.
The Milties celebrates the theater’s past season and the season’s volunteers and participants as well as the official opening of the new season.
Awards for acting and special recognition honors are presented to actors and participants from the past season.
Also offered during the evening was entertainment by performers reprising numbers from the past season and performing musical numbers from the upcoming season.
Miltie Awards were presented to the following actors, productions, and participants for each show of the 2012-13 season:
• “The Music Man” — Best performance overall, Travis Dix; best performance in principle or supporting role (male), Ben Robinson; best performance in principle or supporting role (female), Tawny Easterling; best ensemble performer (adult), Cathy Spaulding-Brooks; best ensemble performer (youth), Ian Williams; best crew member, Chris Gilmartin.
• “Sordid Lives” — Favorite performance male (pick two), D. Bruce Lewis and Phil Sapienza; favorite performance female (pick two), Adele McClure and Linda Sapienza; best crew member, Susan Winters.
• “A Christmas Story” — Favorite performance adult, Shannon Johnson; favorite performance youth, Tommy Woodburn; best crew member, Beverly Boyer.
• “A Few Good Men” — Favorite performance (pick two), Tommy Cummings and Sterling Spinks; best crew member, Susan Winters.
• “Buddy — The Buddy Holly Story” — Favorite actor, Jim Blair; favorite actress, Angelina Cummings; favorite two supporting characters, Keena Brown and Penny McGill; best crew member, Beverly Boyer.
Winners of special recognition awards:
• Newcomer of the Year — Teresa Bringle, awarded to new participant who has distinguished themselves with excellent service to MLT.
• Jack Gregory Award — Penny McGill, awarded to a person who has distinguished themselves both on and off the stage.
• Bernice Sikes Award — Sarah Turner, awarded for the most humorous performance on MLT stage this season.
• Alice Gregg Award — Chris Gilmartin, awarded to any youth who has distinguished themselves either by stage performance or other volunteer activity during the past year for MLT.
• President’s Award — Ann Ong, awarded by MLT board president for outstanding service by a volunteer.
• June Edmondson Award — Jim Blair, awarded to volunteer who consistently lives by MLT’s purpose by sharing their talents, both at MLT and within the community, out of sheer love for the arts.
• Kerslake Award — Isabell and Bob Cockle, awarded for contributions to the organizational business of MLT.
• Set of the Year — “Buddy — The Buddy Holly Story.”
• Richard Matthews Director of the Year Award — Nick Sweet.
• 2012-2013 Actor of the Year Award — Jim Blair.
• 2012-2013 Actress of the Year Award — Angelina Villegas-Cummings.
• 2012-2013 Show of the Year Award — “Buddy — The Buddy Holly Story.”