Assembly of God
NEW HOPE, 110 W. 58th St. S., two miles south of Peak Boulevard on U.S. 64. Services are at 9:30 a.m. Sunday. Pastor: John Overton. Information: (918) 683-2139.
• Celebrate Recovery is Fridays with dinner at 6 p.m. and large group at 7 p.m. For transportation, call (918) 351-5218 or (918) 348-0424.
ANTIOCH, 320 S. Mission, Tahlequah, has Sunday school at 10 a.m. and Sunday worship at 11 a.m. with Bible study at 6 p.m. Wednesday. Information: The Rev. Vernell Racy, pastor, (479) 221-3422, or Betty Brown or Lee Sallis, (918) 456-9461.
• Monthly College Day Service is at 11 a.m. the first Sunday of the month. Information: ambct.tripod.com.
CENTRAL, 624 East Side Blvd.; Sunday school, 9:30 a.m.; worship, 10:50 a.m.; adult choir, discipleship training, 5:30 p.m.; children’s meal and music, 5:30 p.m.; worship, 6:30 p.m. Pastor: J.T. Carvell. Information: (918) 683-2946.
• Wednesdays — Journey into True Worship and prayer service, youth activities, 6:30 p.m.
• Thursdays — free clothing closet, 1 to 4 p.m., enter through the northwest door marked “elevator.”
EVANGELIST TEMPLE, 115 W. Southside Blvd.: Sunday school, 10 a.m.; worship, 11 a.m.; Wednesday prayer service, 5:30 p.m., with Bible study at 6 p.m. Information: Pastor Richard Brooks, (918) 687-6312 or (918) 687-3034.
• Clothing giveaway for those in need 5-7 p.m. Wednesdays. Information: (918) 687-3034 or (918) 348-1460.
FIRST FREE WILL, 105 S. Polk, Wagoner.
• Church is participating in the at-risk after school program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge, through May 10. Supper will be served from 5 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
FOUNTAIN, 2540 W. 60th St. North. Pastor: The Rev. William Brown, and Doris Marshall, pianist. Information: (918) 683-0139 or (918) 687-0301.
• Church will have an appreciation service for the Walker brothers at 3 p.m. Feb. 3. The Heavenly Echoes, evangelist Pam Riddle and the church are sponsoring the service. Everyone welcome.
HILLCREST FREE WILL, 909 Northeast 11th St., Wagoner, 9:45 a.m. Sunday school; 11 a.m. worship. Pastor: Francis Berka. Information: (918) 485-2672.
• Church has a free breakfast at 8:30 a.m. every third Sunday.
GRANDVIEW, 3608 S. Cherokee Drive. Pastor: Danny Mills. Information: (918) 683-2477 or www.grandviewbaptist.com.
• Wednesday dinner will be served at 5:30 p.m. each week. Cost is $2.50 for adults and $1 for children 10 and under; or a maximum of $7 per family.
MEADOWBROOK BAPTIST CHURCH, 24th and Elizabeth streets. Information: Pastor Darrell Simmons, (918) 869-8321.
• Church will honor Frances Helmer who will celebrate her 99 birthday on Jan. 22. The celebration is set for 11 a.m. Jan. 20. Helmer will be recognized for her service and dedication, followed by a question and answer session. Family will host a reception from 1 to 3 p.m.
MOUNT CALVARY, 622 N. Sixth St., Sunday school, 9:15 a.m.; worship, 10:45 a.m.; church in training, 5:30 p.m.; Wednesday Bible study, 7 p.m. Pastor: Gary D. Hall Sr. Information: (918) 682-3292.
• Church will host a “Laymen Christian Fellowship” program at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 20. Guests will be the Timothy Baptist Church. Timothy Baptist pastor Kelly Payne will be the guest speaker and and his church’s choir will be singing.
SOUTHEAST, 2511 E. Hancock Road, meets for worship, Bible study and activities each week as follows: Sunday Bible study, 9:30 a.m.; worship, 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Teen kids for ages 5 through sixth grade Sundays. Sundays. Wednesday worship is at 6:30 p.m. with children’s choirs for 4 years to sixth grade; and Youth Praise, seventh to 12th grade. A nursery is provided during all services for newborns and preschoolers. Pastor: Doug Miller. Information: (918) 683-1447.
• Church will host a blood drive from 11:45 to 4 p.m. Jan. 20.
VANN LAKE, 5068 N. 90th Road West, Porter, Sunday school, 10 a.m.; worship, 11 a.m., and in the home of Pastor Dale Carey at 7 p.m. Bible study 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the church. Information: (918) 686-6980.
• Church will have its monthly gospel singing on the second Saturday of each month. Eating starts at 6 p.m. with the singing at 7 p.m.
SAINT JOSEPH, 321 N. Virginia St. Vigil mass, 5 p.m. Saturdays. Sundays, mass, 8 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. in English and 12:30 p.m. in Spanish. Information: (918) 687-1351.
• The Altar Society will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 21 in the small dining room of the parish hall.
• St. Joseph 50 and up will meet at 12:10 p.m. Jan. 24 for a communion service followed by a potluck lunch and social in the commons.
• The Knights of Columbus free pancake breakfast is scheduled from 8 to 10 a.m. Jan. 26 in the parish hall.
• There is a parent meeting at 10 a.m. Jan. 20 in the church for all parents who have a child making their first communion this May.
• Several adults and youth from our parish will be traveling to Washington, D.C., to participate in the "March for Life.”
GRACE, 218 N. Sixth S t., activities on Sunday, 8 a.m. service in chapel; 9:30 a.m., youth and adult classes; 10:30 a.m. service in church, followed by coffee fellowship; 5:30 p.m., Vespers in church.
• Jan. 19 — 8:30 a.m., Saturday Sextons; 10:00 a.m., Tai Chi in nursery.
• Jan. 21 — 7:30 p.m., Al Anon.
• Jan. 22 — 6 p.m., Education for Ministry.
• Jan. 23 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels; 5:30 p.m., “The Story” Bible study; 7 p.m., choir practice.
• Jan. 25 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels; 7:30 p.m., Al Anon.
BETHANY, 2000 E. Haskell Blvd., 9 a.m., coffee time; 9:30 a.m., Sunday school; 10:45 a.m., worship service. Information: (918) 682-8683 or www.bethanypresbyterianchurch.org.
• Jan. 21 — 10:30 a.m., Bible study; 7 p.m. Martin Luther King Service at St. Joseph.
• Jan. 22 — Presbyterian women's luncheon with guest speaker Ludventz Yoyo from Haiti; 5:30 p.m., T.O.P.S.
• Jan. 23 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels.; 6 p.m., Bethany Productions.
• Jan. 24 — 1:15 p.m., Fun & Games.
• Jan. 25 — 9 a.m., Meals on Wheels.
FIRST, 500 W. Broadway, 9:45 a.m., 11 a.m., worship service/installation of officers.
• Jan. 22 — 10 a.m., Muskogee Area Quilters in parlor; 5:30 p.m.,Presbyterian Book Club; 7 p.m., Grief Share in the church library.
• Jan. 23 — 5:30 p.m., sanctuary choir rehearsal; 6:45 p.m., glory ringers rehearsal.
SEVENTH-DAY ADVENTIST, 170 N. Country Club Road, lesson study at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, service 11 a.m. Information: (918) 682-5602.
• Soup kitchen is open from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Donations welcome.
FIRST, 600 E. Okmulgee Ave., Sunday services are at 8:50 a.m., contemporary worship; Sunday school, 10:05 a.m.; traditional worship, 11:05 a.m. Information: (918) 682-3368.
• Gamblers Anonymous meets at the church at 6 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays.
OKAY, Oklahoma 16, Sunday worship, 9 a.m. Pastor: Raymond Griffin.
• Church has a Bible study and potluck dinner at 6 p.m. Wednesdays.
ST. PAUL, 2130 W. Okmulgee Ave., 8:30 a.m., worship, Rowsey Chapel; 9 a.m., FUEL, contemporary worship; 9:45 a.m., Sunday school and Children’s Spirit Zone; 11 a.m., worship, sanctuary; 6 p.m. youth group.
• Church will over Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University starting 6 p.m. Feb. 20. The course meets once a week where a different lesson is taught by Dave on DVD followed by a small-group discussion. Lessons include budgeting, relationships and money, getting out of debt, saving for emergencies and investing. Information and registration: Greg Boyd, (918) 687-7571.
CHRIST FOR THE WORLD INTERNATIONAL, 120 N. 24th St., services are at 11 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Tuesday. Pastor: Isaiah and Amber Thompson. Information: (918) 684-9963.
• Church will host its “New Year Prophetic Revival” Jan. 19-20. Speakers for the revival will be Bobby Hogan a senior pastor from Fort Smith, Ark., and his son Michael Hogan, an evangelist. Services will be at 7 p.m. Jan. 19 and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Jan. 20. Michael Hogan will be preaching at 6 p.m. Jan. 20.
• Church is participating in the at-risk after school program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge, through May 10. On Sundays, a snack will be served 10:30 to 11:00 a.m., and lunch will be served from noon to 12:30 p.m. On Tuesdays, supper will be served from 6 to 6:30 p.m., and a snack will be served from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Deadline for church news is noon Wednesday. Send news items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org; fax to (918) 684-2865; or mail to P.O. Box 1968, Muskogee OK 74402. A complete list of Muskogee-area churches is online at www.muskogeephoenix.com.