The Muskogee Morning Optimist Club held its installation dinner for the 2012-13 officers and board members on Sept. 27 at Baker’s Catfish Cafe.
The new officers were sworn in by District Lt. Gov. and past President Joshua Cotten. The new officers are S’Lee “Bud” Hinshaw, president; Frank Smith, president elect; Cynthia Kane, secretary; and Tanya Staggs, treasurer. During the ceremony, Barbara Staggs was presented with a plaque naming her as Optimist of the Year.
The club meet at 6:30 a.m. every Wednesday at Hornback’s Cafe, Cherokee and Peak streets. Guest speakers are in attendance and the public is invited to attend.
The Muskogee Chapter of the National Association of Retired and Current Federal Employees will meet at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the Kiwanis Senior Citizens Center, 110 Spaulding Blvd.
Guest speaker will be Kerin Barngrover, Blue Cross/Blue Shield program representative in Tulsa. She will address the group regarding the 2012 open season for health benefit plans.
Open season, Nov. 12-Dec. 10, is the period when federal employees, retires and spouses may select a health plan or change options. Members will learn the cost of health insurance plans for 2013. A door prize will be drawn. All members, federal employees and guests are invited.
Information: Ed Farris, (918) 682-8839.
Green Country Duplicate Bridge
Green Country Duplicate bridge meets at 12:30 p.m. each Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Kiwanis Senior Citizens Center, 119 Spaulding Blvd. Newcomers are welcome. If you are interested in playing or learning to play duplicate bridge, call Ann Kent at (918) 682-3098, Mary Smith at (918) 682-2605, or Sandy Cole at (918) 684-9002.
• Sept. 19 — Sandra Cole and Santa McWilliams, first; Joann Webb and Margie Ray, second; and Grace Sweeney and Marialice Davis tied with Mary Beyers and Bill Porter for third.
• Sept. 21 — Ruth Sharpe and Bonnie Jennings, first; Alice Barham and Marcia Robinson, second; and Jane Lopes and Betty Jordan, third.
• Sept. 24 — Linda Stearnes and Norma Kolmer, first; and Dave Murdock and Jane Lopes, second.
• Sept. 26 — Bill Kaad and Minnie Sheffield, first; Janice Chance and Helen Richmond, second; and Sandra Cole and Santa McWilliams, third.
• Sept. 28 Mary Smith and Ralph Parker, first; and Linda Stearnes and Norma Kolmer, second.
• Oct. 1 — Ruth Sharpe and Bonnie Jennings had a 77.5 percent game for first, and Dave Murdock and Ann Kent were second.
There will be special games on Nov. 5 and 9 with silver points being awarded.