Oklahoma Nurse Association Region 3
Oklahoma Nurse Association Region 3 meets at 5:30 p.m. the second Thursday of the month from September at the Jack C. Montgomery Veterans Hospital in the director’s conference room.
The first meeting was held Sept. 12, where Jacqueline Guidice presented on “The Role of the Advanced Practice Nurse.”
New officers for this year include: President Lisa Copeland, Vice President Lynnette Gunn, Secretary Joo-Hee Han, Treasurer Claudia McElvania and Region 3 Representative to ONA Board Joyce Van Nostrand. ONA Region 3 delegates to the state convention are Janet Bahr, Diana Mashburn, Hyacinth Rogers, Jodi Gooden, Angela Martindale and Gary Lawrence.
The ONA-3 meeting topics for this year are:
• November — Lori Murray will present “A Mission Trip to Ecuador.”
• December — Christmas dinner at Baker’s Catfish Restaurant.
• January — Lynnette Gunn will present “Venous Insufficiency.”
• February — Bobbie Mangram and Lynnette Gunn will present “Cardiac Care Issues.”
• March — Joyce Van Nostrand and Janet Bahr will present “Personal History of Nursing.”
• April — Catherine White will present “Parish Nursing aka Faith Community Nursing.”
• May — Election of officers and installation.
There also are plans to do a fundraiser in order to award a scholarship to a recipient seeking to advance his or her nursing education. The scholarship will be awarded at the May meeting.
Information: (918) 687-8876.