This collection of bras and a banner just outside Town Hall is a pet project of local Ragena Rogers. She hopes to use “HookedUp” to honor breast cancer survivors and victims and raise awareness, Rogers said.
“I came up with it because I was looking at some kind of a recycling site on the Internet,” she said. “They'd hooked up some bras like this down in the country side, along a country road, all strung up.” Rogers said bras have come in from other states and even countries too. Rogers said she invites any survivors or family members of cancer victims to come and hook up a bra of their own — and write a dedication or their name on the inside. For those who can't make it to the banner, they can drop off bras at local businesses The Pink Cupcake, A Flower Can, and the Courtyard Bistro.
- Fort Gibson
- Under construction: Work ongoing for new stadium entrance
- People must grasp the importance of faith in God
- Super events coming up on the calendar
- Summer reading starts to wind down at library
- Over a cup 07/22/14
- Things to do
- Community calendar
- For love of history: Girl raises money to attend forum
- Christians must pave the way for future generations
- Time to think about ‘Smokin’ the Fort’
- More Fort Gibson Headlines