This collection of bras and a banner just outside Town Hall is a pet project of local Ragena Rogers. She hopes to use “HookedUp” to honor breast cancer survivors and victims and raise awareness, Rogers said.
“I came up with it because I was looking at some kind of a recycling site on the Internet,” she said. “They'd hooked up some bras like this down in the country side, along a country road, all strung up.” Rogers said bras have come in from other states and even countries too. Rogers said she invites any survivors or family members of cancer victims to come and hook up a bra of their own — and write a dedication or their name on the inside. For those who can't make it to the banner, they can drop off bras at local businesses The Pink Cupcake, A Flower Can, and the Courtyard Bistro.
- Fort Gibson
- Limited quantity of ornaments available
- Garrison Hill a winter playground
- Casino employee works his way up
- Is God really listening all the time?
- New picture Christmas books available at library
- National Cemetery host for wreath ceremony
- Housing assistance applications available
- Church to host Kevin Spencer on Friday
- 2013 ornaments in stock
- Royal Regiment marches to honors
- More Fort Gibson Headlines