— By Rhonda Lee
“Dig Into Reading” is in full swing at the library. Don’t forget to sign up for the reading program. Participants who sign up will get prizes for reading as they go through the program and will receive a sports bag if they finish the reading log. Those who finish the reading log will also get their names in a drawing for a bicycle.
Weekly activities include:
Teen activity, 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Lego Club, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Pre-school story time, 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
Craft activities for elementary-age kids, 2 p.m. Thursday.
• Today at 10:30 a.m. — Omar Reed will be at the library to demonstrate an American Indian cottage industry — weaving. Participants will have a chance to practice weaving and possibly make a potholder.
• Friday at 10:30 a.m. — Stephen Cox from Mad Science of Northwest Arkansas will be presenting a great science program for the first time in Fort Gibson.
• June 18 at 10:30 a.m. — Steve Crawford, the Magic Archeologist, will show us the magic of bones, rocks, sand, fossilized eggs, artifacts and other treasures he has found on his digging expeditions.
• June 21 at 10:30 a.m. — Jay and Leslie Cady will present Laughing Matters for All !!! Laughing Matters includes, “juggling, mime, magic and other nonsense.”
• The following week, Jennifer Shore with Critter Tales will bring a variety of critters to the library. The Critter Tales program will be an afternoon program at 1 p.m. instead of a morning program.
There are still many things to do at the Q during June, and more is planned for July. Hope to see you soon!!
“Dig Into Reading” is sponsored by the Institute of Museums and Library Services (IMLS), Sonic — America's Drive-In Corp., the Oklahoma College Savings Plan, and Q. B. Boydstun Library, a part of Eastern Oklahoma District Library System (EODLS).