Muskogee County GOP offers scholarships
The Muskogee County Republican Party is accepting scholarship applications from graduating high school seniors residing in Muskogee County. Several $500 scholarships will be given to students who meet the following criteria:
• Have at least a 3 point grade average their senior year.
• If 18 years of age, be a registered Republican.
• If student is not 18, one parent currently must be a registered Republican.
• Must be a first year freshman Fall 2014 semester.
• Must be a resident of Muskogee County.
Students meeting the above criteria may mail a completed application to P.O. Box 2278, Muskogee, OK 74402, or e-mail it to email@example.com no later than April 3. An appointment will be set for an interview with the MCRP Scholarship Committee prior to April 17.
Public announcement of scholarship winners will be made April 24 at the 2014 Lincoln-Reagan Dinner at the Muskogee Civic Center. The keynote speaker will be Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin. Scholarship recipients are requested to attend and will receive free admission, plus one complimentary ticket.
Applications are available at every Muskogee County high school or online at MuskogeeRepublicans.org.
Library offers economic talks
Economic development has many aspects and the Q.B. Boydstun Library will explore a few of them this week during Economic Development week at the library.
Two programs are set for:
• Today — David Fowler from the Fort Gibson Historic Site will talk about the effect of tourism on economic development.
• Friday — Kathy Adair from Indian Capital Technology Center (ICTC) will discuss the importance of education in economic development.
All programs will be held from noon to 1 p.m. Snacks will be served.
Red Cross sets local blood drives
The American Red Cross invites everyone to make a difference in their communities by giving blood.
A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
To make an appointment or for information: Call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org.
Upcoming blood drives:
• March 26 — 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Fort Gibson High School, 500 S. Ross, Fort Gibson.
• March 27 — 2 to 6 p.m., First Free Will Baptist Church/Activity Center, 1487 E. Poplar, Fort Gibson.