If you go
WHAT: Fort Gibson vs. Hilldale Alumni Football Game.
WHEN: 2 p.m. Sunday.
WHERE: Hilldale Hornet Stadium, Muskogee.
GATE: $5 for adults, $3 for children.
ETC.: Proceeds from the game will benefit both high schools’ football booster clubs.
INFORMATION: Jordan Kelly, (918) 232-8175.
Submitted by James Singleton
Head Coach — Fort Gibson
On Sunday, two intense rivals will come together for a mutual benefit — The Fort Gibson Touchdown Club and the Hilldale Quarterback Club will be sponsoring the Tiger-Hornet Alumni Football game.
The new event is scheduled to kick off at 2 p.m. at Hilldale Hornet Stadium in Muskogee.
The event’s proceeds will be split between both booster clubs to help each school’s football program.
The game sponsor for the event will be ServPro Cleaning Services.
Fort Gibson Alumnus Jordan Kelly came up with the idea after a group came in and sponsored a similar event last season.
None of those proceeds went to either booster club, and the event was well attended.
“There is no need for that money to go to a professional business, when it could actually go and help both football programs,” Kelly said.
Information: Jordan Kelly, (918) 232-8175.
If you go
- Fort Gibson
- Limited quantity of ornaments available
- Garrison Hill a winter playground
- Casino employee works his way up
- Is God really listening all the time?
- New picture Christmas books available at library
- National Cemetery host for wreath ceremony
- Housing assistance applications available
- Church to host Kevin Spencer on Friday
- 2013 ornaments in stock
- Royal Regiment marches to honors
- More Fort Gibson Headlines