This time, Muskogee got four hits.
But that wasn’t nearly enough as the Roughers lost 12-1 on a five-inning run-rule to the Owasso Rams in District 6A-3 action at Roughers Park on Tuesday.
The Roughers, falling to 8-16 overall and 1-9 in district, scored their lone run in the fifth when Harris Jones singled home Tyler Bowden. In Monday’s action, Muskogee lost 9-0 on a no-hitter to the Rams, ranked second in the Okrankings.com Class 6A poll.
“We’ve faced really good pitching in our last three games,” MHS coach Doug Gunselman said, including the loss to Rogers, Ark., over the past weekend. “You have a small margin of error when you face good offensive teams.”
Austin Jones led the Roughers with two singles.
MHS faces another good team at home at 5 p.m. Friday when it plays No. 3 Sand Springs.
“We go from No. 2 to No. 3,” Gunselman said. “It’s just how the schedule worked out. It’s a tough week.”
Austin O’Brien led the Rams (23-3) with three hits and two RBIs, while Colton Crocker had two hits and scored two runs.
- Prep Sports
- Freshman leads Hilldale past VC
- Vian girls, Eufaula boys move on in 3A consolation
- In prime position: FGHS squads have room to breathe making area finals
- Connected paths: Roughers, Lady Roughers seek joint state journeys
- QB club set to meet tonight
- It’s the heart of the matter: Competitive drive fuels Lady Hornets’ postseason run
- Hilldale boys coach putting accent on program
- MHS learns of area schedule
- Oklahoma prep basketball scores
- Rougher pair among title trio
- More Prep Sports Headlines