Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
Radio: KTFX 101.7 FM, KEOK 102.1 FM (delay after Tahlequah game)
Records: Hilldale 5-2, 2-1 3A-7; Keys 1-6, 1-2.
Last week: Locust Grove 42, Hilldale 41; Lincoln Christian 49, Keys 16.
About the matchup: How will the Hornets respond after being stunned 42-41 at Locust Grove after leading 34-20 at the half and falling victim to some bad breaks in the second half? They’ll take on a very young Cougars team that has gotten younger as the season has progressed. Having made the playoffs 10 of the program’s 11 years in existence, Cougars coach Gary Willis is saddled with a squad that of five seniors, only two that see significant action. Eight sophomores began the year in starting spots and that’s now 13 sophomores and three freshmen, according to Willis. Dakota Matlock has impressed at running back with 657 yards in seven games, averaging 6.3 yards per carry. Hilldale’s Chandler Puckett is the area’s top passer with 1,517 yards and 17 TDs, Bradley Campbell is the top receiver with 810 yards on 41 catches and nine TDs.
Last meeting: Hilldale 48, Keys 0 (2012).
Series record: Hilldale leads, 1-0.
Notes: Hilldale is 3-0 at home this season...Keys has given up 289 points this year, the most ever during the regular season for a Cougar team.
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
- Prep Sports
- Roughers flex their muscles: MHS grads lead East to victory
- Keys feels fortunate to have two-way leader back
- Tigers roar in victory: Tahlequah grads show stripes for East
- Together for the final time: Fort Gibson duo loses match, but cherishes last outing as teammates
- Plenty of titles for All-State games participants
- Fort Gibson senior stepping into brother’s shoes
- Ex-Rougher coach gets Bixby job
- Key for MHS D is the middle: NT has potential; coordinator seeks more consistency
- High-five to MPS for baseball selection
- Prep offseason notebook
- More Prep Sports Headlines