Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
Radio: KTFX 101.7 FM, KEOK 102.1 FM (delay after Tahlequah game)
Records: Hilldale 5-2, 2-1 3A-7; Keys 1-6, 1-2.
Last week: Locust Grove 42, Hilldale 41; Lincoln Christian 49, Keys 16.
About the matchup: How will the Hornets respond after being stunned 42-41 at Locust Grove after leading 34-20 at the half and falling victim to some bad breaks in the second half? They’ll take on a very young Cougars team that has gotten younger as the season has progressed. Having made the playoffs 10 of the program’s 11 years in existence, Cougars coach Gary Willis is saddled with a squad that of five seniors, only two that see significant action. Eight sophomores began the year in starting spots and that’s now 13 sophomores and three freshmen, according to Willis. Dakota Matlock has impressed at running back with 657 yards in seven games, averaging 6.3 yards per carry. Hilldale’s Chandler Puckett is the area’s top passer with 1,517 yards and 17 TDs, Bradley Campbell is the top receiver with 810 yards on 41 catches and nine TDs.
Last meeting: Hilldale 48, Keys 0 (2012).
Series record: Hilldale leads, 1-0.
Notes: Hilldale is 3-0 at home this season...Keys has given up 289 points this year, the most ever during the regular season for a Cougar team.
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
- Prep Sports
- Area schools learn of state tourney schedule
- Roughers join MHS girls for first joint state visit since 1988
- Small school state tournament finals
- Joining the FTG guys, Lady Tigers halt Hilldale’s run, head back to state for 10th time
- Sequoyah girls win in OT, join boys in return trip
- Tigers wallop No. 1 VC, return to state for first time since 2010
- Lady Hornets rally, move within a game of state berth
- Ready for a rock fight? OT loss by FTG sets up battle with rival for state
- Roughers close in on state berth
- Vian girls still alive; Eufaula boys are out
- More Prep Sports Headlines