OKMULGEE TOURNAMENT – The Checotah Wildcats held on to beat Okmulgee 8-6 on Saturday to win the Okmulgee Sonic Classic. Jack Christian (6-1) was the winning pitcher for Checotah (23-6), pitching five innings and striking out three. Caleb Knight, the Classic’s Most Valuable Player, was 3-for-4 with his second home run of the season and two RBIs while Andrew Sands was 3-for-4 with an RBI. Knight, Sands and Mark miles were named to the All-Tournament team.
The Oktaha Tigers rode the arm and bat of Daceauda Davis to run-rule Warner 12-4. Davis pitched five innings and surrendered two earned runs on four hits while striking out five batters and was 2-for-4 with four RBIs at the plate. Dakota Berry was 3-for-4 with three RBIs for Oktaha (15-9) while Tyler Edgar was 2-for-4 with three runs scored. Stats for Warner were not available at press time.
- Prep Sports
- Plenty of titles for All-State games participants
- Fort Gibson senior stepping into brother’s shoes
- Ex-Rougher coach gets Bixby job
- Key for MHS D is the middle: NT has potential; coordinator seeks more consistency
- High-five to MPS for baseball selection
- Prep offseason notebook
- Hilldale defense a work in progress
- Casey at the snap: Vian RB leads list of area’s top ground-gainers
- Hilldale assistant Frisby gets MHS baseball job
- Passing fancy: FTG captures title in 7-on-7 tournament
- More Prep Sports Headlines