VINITA 57, WAGONER 41 – The Wagoner Bulldogs held a one-point lead late in the second quarter only to see Vinita end the quarter on a 9-0 run and never look back in Verdigris Valley Conference action.
The Bulldogs (2-8, 1-6) were led by Lateze Clayton with 16 points, seven rebounds and three blocks. Byron Adams was the only other Wagoner player in double figures, finishing with 11 points.
The Bulldogs are off until 5 p.m. Thursday when they will face Lincoln Christian in the lower elementary school gym at the Oologah tournament.
VINITA 49, WAGONER 26 – The Lady Bulldogs scored the first five points of the game but could not keep up with Vinita on Saturday in Verdigris Valley action.
The Lady Bulldogs (0-10, 0-7) saw Kelsi Emmons lead them in scoring with 11 points.
Wagoner next faces Oologah at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the Oologah Tournament in the main gym.
MUSKOGEE CAPTURES JENKS INVITE – The Muskogee wrestling team compiled 171.5 points to take first place at the Jenks Invitational on Saturday.
The Roughers finished ahead of Stillwater who totaled 148 points.
Two Roughers brought home titles in their respective weight classes. Jacobe Smith won by decision, 11-1, over Kyle McKinney of Bartlesville at 152 pounds while Dawaylon Barnes with on an injury default over Hestin Lamons of Tahlequah at 145 pounds.
Nigel Harris had a runner-up finish at 220 pounds on a 3-2 decision against Kyler Childers of Sand Springs.
- Prep Sports
- Tigers wallop No. 1 VC, return to state for first time since 2010
- Lady Hornets rally, move within a game of state berth
- Ready for a rock fight? OT loss by FTG sets up battle with rival for state
- Roughers close in on state berth
- Vian girls still alive; Eufaula boys are out
- Prep roundup
- Prep roundup and today's schedule
- State prep basketball scores
- Prep roundup
- Muskogee girls punch state ticket
- More Prep Sports Headlines