Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
Radio: KTFX 101.7 FM
Records: Fort Gibson 5-2, 3-1 4A-4; Cascia Hall 6-1, 3-1.
Last week: Fort Gibson 34, Muldrow 0; Cascia Hall 26, Poteau 15
About the matchup: The Tigers and Commandos are both battling for playoff positioning, involved in a four-way tie for first in 4A with Poteau and Sallisaw. When it comes to preparing for Cascia Hall, nothing comes as a surprise to Tigers’ quarterback J.R. Singleton.
“They’re the kind of team that has one thing they do and do it every game,” he said. “We know they’re probably not going to change up stuff. We just have to come out and play football.”
Both teams like to run the ball and set up the pass with the run. Miguel Rosendo is Cascia’s leading rusher, having totaled 613 yards on 77 carries with six touchdowns while Camden Cecchini has amassed 341 yards on 89 carries and four touchdowns.
Cascia Hall QB Michael Bloomfield has completed 53 of 97 attempts for 720 yards and 10 touchdowns. Reece Lambert is Bloomfield’s main target (32 passes for 503 yards and seven TDs.)
Last meeting: Cascia Hall 35, Fort Gibson 7 (2012).
Series record: Cascia Hall leads, 1-0.
Notes: Fort Gibson is 3-0 on the road this season.
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
- Prep Sports
- Area schools learn of state tourney schedule
- Roughers join MHS girls for first joint state visit since 1988
- Small school state tournament finals
- Joining the FTG guys, Lady Tigers halt Hilldale’s run, head back to state for 10th time
- Sequoyah girls win in OT, join boys in return trip
- Tigers wallop No. 1 VC, return to state for first time since 2010
- Lady Hornets rally, move within a game of state berth
- Ready for a rock fight? OT loss by FTG sets up battle with rival for state
- Roughers close in on state berth
- Vian girls still alive; Eufaula boys are out
- More Prep Sports Headlines