Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
Radio: KCXR 100.3 FM
Records: Jenks 7-0, 4-0; Muskogee 1-6, 1-3 6A-2.
Last week: Jenks 24, Westmoore 0; Sapulpa 38, Muskogee 21.
Last meeting: Jenks 52, Muskogee 3 (2012).
About the matchup: It’s likely the final meeting between two teams who have had a storied past, much of it well into their past with the last close battle the 2005 state semifinal. The teams will be split into different divisions in 6A next year. Jenks’ defense has allowed just two touchdowns in a three-game streak that includes wins against Sapulpa, Broken Arrow and Westmoore. In a 24-0 decision against the latter a week ago, the Trojans held Westmoore to 43 total yards. Quintahj Cherry has passed the 1,200-yard mark in passing and he’ll have a challenge against a secondary that has two Division I recruits in Dylan Harding and Steven Parker. Muskogee’s Tramal Ivy, who has played multiple positions on defense and offense, will move to middle linebacker this week. Ivy has five sacks this season for the Roughers.
Series record: Jenks leads, 31-4.
Notes: Jenks has won the last 22 meetings...Muskogee’s last win came in 1992 (29-28)…Muskogee has not held Jenks to less than 28 points since a 16-7 loss in 1998…Jenks has averaged 50 points per game over the last seven meetings.
Kickoff: 7:30 p.m.
- Prep Sports
- Roughers flex their muscles: MHS grads lead East to victory
- Keys feels fortunate to have two-way leader back
- Tigers roar in victory: Tahlequah grads show stripes for East
- Together for the final time: Fort Gibson duo loses match, but cherishes last outing as teammates
- Plenty of titles for All-State games participants
- Fort Gibson senior stepping into brother’s shoes
- Ex-Rougher coach gets Bixby job
- Key for MHS D is the middle: NT has potential; coordinator seeks more consistency
- High-five to MPS for baseball selection
- Prep offseason notebook
- More Prep Sports Headlines