Come on Christians, evolve already! Some people at a church I visited disqualified me as a Christian because I’m gay. They did not realize I was listening to them being critical, faultfinding, legalistic, pretentious, bigoted and most of all ignorant.
I was in good company, they also raked President Obama and Senator Coburn over the coals.
Although they will never admit it, they were extremely arrogant and cruelly judgmental. I will admit, the God they speak of is not the God I personally know.
Those who think I’m not right with God because I’m gay are looking in the wrong place. I’m not the qualifying factor, Jesus is. And being gay does not negate the finished work of Christ. His obedience is what makes one righteous. What He did on the cross justifies and qualifies all who believe. It’s not a question of am I accepted before God. It’s a question of is Christ accepted before God. As a believer, I’m in Christ. All He is, God sets to my account.
In the Old Testament when they brought a lamb to be killed to cover their sin, the priest would examine it to make sure it was without blemish. The priest examined the lamb. He did not examine the one that brought it. We are all disqualified when we examine each other.
I ask the Holy Spirit what I should do when others say being gay disqualifies me.
He said, “It doesn’t matter what others say, the Father qualified you through Jesus’ finished work. When they point you to the rule — point them to the cross.
“If they draw a circle to exclude you, you continue to walk in love and draw a bigger circle and include them.”
I’m very secure in my Father’s love that clothed me with a robe of righteousness which was paid for by Jesus’ blood. So the next time you decide to find fault, don’t examine me — examine my LAMB. Because the measure of my acceptance before God is Christ.
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK - Why does Mullin attack the EPA?
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK — U.S. wouldn’t thrive in one-party system
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK — GOP must come to an end
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK - Postponements in court frustrating
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK - Global warming won’t have a good effect
- Entitlements help the wealthy more
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK - Governor should halt executions in state
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK — God controls the climate change
- THE PEOPLE SPEAK: District judge makes the right decision
- THANK YOU 02.15.14
- More Letters Headlines