, Muskogee, OK

Local News

January 7, 2014

MPS transfer period open

Muskogee Public Schools is accepting open transfer applications through March.

Once an open transfer is approved, parents are not required to reapply each year. Failure to request an open transfer will require completion of an emergency transfer each school year.

Per state law: “In order that any student may be transferred, an application form specified by the State Board of Education must be completed by the parents of the student. For purposes of the Education Open Transfer Act, the term ‘parent’ means the parent of the student or person having custody of the student as proved for in Paragraph 1 of Subsection A of Section 1-113 of this title. The application shall be obtained from and filed with the superintendent of the receiving school district for transfers to school districts in the State of Oklahoma and with the State Board of Education for transfers to school districts in another state. Applications shall be filed no later than February 1 of the school year preceding the school year for which the transfer is desired (700.5.88-103).”

The forms for filing an open transfer are available at the BEST Center, 202 W. Broadway.

Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Official: Air Algerie Flight 'probably Crashed' TSA Administrator on Politics and Flight Bans Raw: National Guard Helps Battle WA Wildfires Raw: Ukraine's Donetsk Residents Flee Senators Push to End Hamas Threat in Cease-Fire A Young Victim's Premonition, Hug Before MH17 U.N. School in Gaza Hit by Israeli Strike Raw: Deadly Storm Hits Virginia Campground Officials Warn of Avoidable Death in Hot Cars Death Penalty Expert: 'This is a Turning Point' House Committee at Odds Over Obama Lawsuit Raw: MH17 Victim's Bodies Arrive in Netherlands Raw: UN School Used As Shelter Hit by Tank Shell Raw: Gunmen Attack Iraqi Prison Convoy Plane Leaves Ukraine With More Crash Victims The Rock Brings Star Power to Premiere Raw: Families Travel to Taiwan Plane Crash Site Arizona Execution Takes Almost Two Hours Crash Kills Teen Pilot Seeking World Record

Should a federal judge have the power to strike down Oklahoma's ban on gay marriage?

     View Results
Featured Ads

Click HERE to read all your Parade favorites including Hollywood Wire, Celebrity interviews and photo galleries, Food recipes and cooking tips, Games and lots more.