During regular meetings Tuesday, the Muskogee Public Works and Finance committees took the following action:
• Ordinance rezoning property located on the northeast corner of 16th Street and Shawnee Bypass from single-family residential to local commercial district and authorized zoning map revisions.
• Preliminary and final plat of The Springs at Honor Heights Addition, consisting of one lot on 29.372 acres located on West Okmulgee Avenue.
• Formation of task force to study the proposed relocation or construction of a new Martin Luther King Center and authorized the expenditure of funds for budgeted for repairs on preliminary architectural services.
• Plans to move forward with proposed drainage improvements for the Elliot and Dayton Street and Chandler Road detention basins and provide direction to staff.
• Resolution supporting the Oklahoma Airport Operators Association and the city of Stillwater’s efforts to seek reconsideration of the Federal Aviation Administration’s asset study and airport classification standards.
• Resolution declaring (22) 1-ton super sacks of filter media surplus to the needs of the city and authorizing disposition of the same.
• Pilot program for bicycle lanes on Seventh Street from West Southside Boulevard north to Terrace Avenue and on 12th Street from West Okmulgee Avenue north to Martin Luther King Street.
• Claims for all city departments Jan. 21 through Feb. 2.
• Purchase of two 8-foot rotary cutters for best bid to P&K Equipment in the amount of $5,999.07 each.
• Bid from Muskogee Communications in the amount of $199,994 as increased per specification and subject to any applicable rebates for purchase of New VHF Motorola digital radios, VHF Motorola repeaters and all associated equipment.
• Purchase of a 12-inch brush chipper to low bidder Miner’s Equipment in the amount of $29,000.
• Motion to reject all bids received on the half-ton extended cab, four-wheel drive truck and approval of making the purchase off the state contract for the lower purchase price.
• Final payment to Engineering Design Associates in the amount of $382.85 for engineering service in the electrical remodel of Muskogee Police Station.
• Motion to reject the only bid received for 2-yard solid waste containers, rear-loading type, and authorized staff to rebid.
• Final payment in the amount of $25,608.43 to Jones Plan LLC, for the Teaching Gardens and Butterfly Sanctuary at Honor Heights Park.
• Construction contract for Greenhill Cemetery project to the low bidder, Shaw Contracting, for a bid of $213,000 with two alternates for $60,000 and unit price of $20 per cubic yard for the total amount $273,020.
• Best bid for Hurst Jaws of Life E-draulic equipment from Tech Rescue of Mannford for $59,830 plus optional items for $4,090 for a total of $63,920.
• Authorization to submit grant requests to the City of Muskogee Foundation for the following projects: juvenile and adult community service program; housing rehabilitation program; police patrol car video cameras and body cameras; police tactical vehicle; first responder training center; street improvements; and Civil Air Patrol building rehabilitation.