During its regular meeting Monday, the Muskogee City Council took the following action:
• Claims for all city departments from Nov. 19 through Nov. 30.
• Motion to reject all the bids concerning the remodel of four elevators and direct staff to work with engineer to narrow the scope of the project and submit for new bids.
• Resolution concerning the city’s responsibilities for bridge inspections and compliance with National Bridge Inspection Standards and designating EST Inc., as the city’s bridge inspectors for the period of April 2013 through April 2016.
• Low bid of $16,796 for each of two half-ton Ford F-150 pickups submitted by James Hodge Ford.
• Resolution declaring the property located at 505 Dorchester St., surplus to the city’s needs and authorizing the sale of the property to Jeffrey Larson.
• Resolution declaring property located on North B Street, adjoining 1022 N. B Street, as surplus to the city’s needs and authorizing the sale of the property to Don Groom.
• Resolution declaring property located at 503 S. 14th St. surplus to the city’s needs and authorizing the sale of the property to Robert D. Perry Sr.
• Motion instructing administrators to explore options to repair, rebuild or relocate the Martin Luther King Center, identify funding options.
• Motion to send to the Historic Preservation Commission for reconsideration proposed amendments to ordinance requiring the consideration of certain criteria when reviewing an application for demolition of historical buildings.
• Resolution declaring property located on Altamont Street across from Sadler Arts Academy surplus to the city’s needs and authorizing the sale of the property to Muskogee Public Schools.
• Resolution urging the Oklahoma Legislature to support legislation restoring local control of restrictions relating to smoke-free air laws.
• Motion to move forward with the development of a central garage for vehicle and equipment maintenance at the Muskogee Fairgrounds.
• Amendment to council policy regarding employee drug testing for all city employees except firefighters.
• Mutual assistance agreements with Muskogee and Hilldale public schools and the Muskogee County Transit Authority to provide transportation assistance during emergency events.
• Fiscal year 2013 collective bargaining agreement with the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 95 subject to FOP approval.
• Fiscal year 2013 collective bargaining agreement with the International Association of Fire Fighters Local 57.
• No action taken with regard to worker’s compensation claims filed by Fred Fielder and Robert Pierce.