During its regular meeting Monday, the Muskogee City Council took the following actions:
• Approved claims for all city departments March 19-29.
• Awarded low bid from Legg Lawn & Landscape in the amount of $0.00539 per square foot to mow lots through the weed abatement program.
• Awarded best bid from Baker Equipment in the amount of $51,790.10 along with two options for the retrofitting of the camera van.
• Awarded best bid from WasteQuip/May Fab in the amount of $434 per tank for the purchase of 60, two-yard, rear-loading containers.
• Approved the purchase of a 2013 Ford Escape through state purchase contract in the amount of $18,799 from Bill Knight Ford.
• Approved resolution declaring the parcel of property located at the corner of Ash and Manitou streets as surplus property and authorizing the sale of said property to Lynn C. Grigsby-Kelley in the amount of $163.
• Approved resolution declaring the parcel of property adjacent to the south property line at 423 N. M St. as surplus property and authorizing the sale of said property to William Nichols in the amount of $163.
• Approved resolution declaring two parcels of properties located on South B Street and Frankfort Avenue as surplus property and authorizing the sale of said properties to Steve and Opal Wiedel in the amount of $326.
• Approved the use of Hatbox Airfield for the annual Touch-A-Truck fundraising event.
• Approved updates to affirmative action plan for the city of Muskogee.
• Appointed Ward II Councilor Dan Hall to serve a three-year term with the Muskogee Planning Commission beginning May 1.
• Disqualified a bid submitted by CentricsIT of Norcross, Ga., previously approved for the replacement of Cisco non-power over ethernet switches and awarded a $50,585.98 contract to Sigma Technology Solutions of Tulsa to perform the task.
• Accepted the final draft of a feasibility study for economic development of Love-Hatbox Sports Complex and authorized the creation of a task force to consider implementation options.