During regular meetings of the Public Works and Finance committees and a special City Council meeting, city councilors took the following action:
• Received report regarding updates to the municipal stormwater requirements from Richard Smith of the Indian Nation Council of Governments.
• Approved professional services agreement with Retail Attractions L.L.C. to provide consulting services for retail development.
• Approved one-year renewal of a cooperative agreement with Muskogee County Public Transit Authority subject to budget approval and the allocation of funds.
• Approved agreement with the town of Porter and its public works authority for the sale of treated water.
• Took no action regarding the use of utility task and recreational off-highway vehicles on city streets.
• Approved claims for all city departments from June 2 through June 13.
• Approved two bids submitted for the sale of concrete.
• Approved bids submitted for the sale of road materials.
• Renewed a professional services agreement with Michael Gilliard to provide legal representation in workers’ compensation court.
• Approved five-year, non-exclusive agreement with Southwestern Bell Telephone Co., doing business as AT&T Oklahoma, for the provision of IP-enabled video services within the city limits.
• Approved resolution authorizing the continuation of the account fund for solid waste improvements and designating the manner in which said account shall be operated for the budget year that begins July 1.
• Took no action regarding a resolution to approve the budget for fiscal year 2015, which begins July 1.
• Approved ordinance amendment that delays for one year the full apportionment of use taxes that are transferred into the city’s economic development fund.
• Approved Groupon merchant agreement for marketing and promotional services at River Country Family Water Park.
• Authorized negotiations for acquisition of a parcel of property near D and Cincinnati streets owned by the Muskogee Little Theatre Inc. and accepted interest in the same to ensure marketable title.
• Authorized the filing of a civil lawsuit to remedy a zoning violation allegedly occurring at 3210 N. York St.