During its regular meeting Monday, the Muskogee City Council took the following action:
• Claims for all city departments from Jan. 6 through Jan. 17.
• Amendment to an agreement between the city of Muskogee and Garver Engineering, expanding the scope of work for the Martin Luther King Street improvement project.
• Contract with Rineco Environmental Services to provide collection, transportation and disposal services for the city’s household hazardous waste materials events scheduled June 7 and Oct. 25.
• Professional services agreement with Michael S. Bates for the provision of labor relations services for the city of Muskogee and three collective bargaining units representing non-uniform employees, police and firefighters.
• Appointment of C. Bart Fite to serve a two-year term as municipal judge ending Jan. 31, 2016.
• Appointment of Bret Smith to serve a two-year term as first alternate municipal judge and juvenile judge ending Jan. 31, 2016.
• Appointment of Drew Wilcoxen to serve a two-year term as second alternate municipal judge ending Jan. 31, 2016.
• Appointment of Toni Bradley-Smith to serve a two-year term as third alternate municipal judge ending Jan. 31, 2016.
• Appointment of Ed Gage to serve an interim five-year term with the Muskogee Medical Center Authority ending March 31, 2019.
• Appointment of Gilbert R. Hall to serve an interim six-year term with the Muskogee Medical Center Authority ending March 30, 2020.
• Approved request to rezone property located at 2515 S. Cherokee Drive from agricultural to light industrial district and make necessary revisions to zoning map.
• Tabled action regarding an agreement between the city of Muskogee and CGI Communications Inc. for the creation of new community videos for placement on the city of Muskogee’s website.
• Received Muskogee City-County Port Authority presentation of economic development activities during the first half of fiscal year 2014.
• Endorsed a legislative agenda promoted by the Tulsa Regional Chamber.
• Approved payment of 2014 municipal election expenses in the amount of $4,395.48 for services provided by the Muskogee County Election Board.