A former Okay man who was sentenced to 90 years in prison in 1996 for shooting with intent to kill is up for parole this month.
James Wasson Jr., 55, was convicted of shooting his estranged wife, Amy Wasson, in the face and hands. Amy Wasson was returning to work from a lunch break when James Wasson Jr. shot her in the parking lot of a Muskogee business June 30, 1995. She underwent surgery following the shooting and survived.
The Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board will meet Monday through Friday at the Hillside Community Corrections Center, 3300 N. Martin Luther King Ave. in Oklahoma City. Video conferencing is used to conduct personal appearance hearings. A victim or victim representative who wishes to appear at a parole board hearing can notify the Pardon and Parole Board.
Information: Pardon and Parole Board, First National Center, 120 N. Robinson Ave., Suite 900W, Oklahoma City OK 73102 or call (405) 602-5863.
• ALLISON, Jimmy D. Possession of controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute. 10 years. Sentence began December 2010.
• BIVINS, Ronald L. Escape from department of corrections. Six years. Sentence began July 2006.
• CAREY, Demetrius N. Distribution of controlled dangerous substance. Five years (Four months and nine days previously served). Sentence began February 2012.
• DUREN, Casey N. Possession of controlled substance within 2,000 feet of park or school. 10 years (five suspended). Sentence began May 2012.
• LEE, Billy D. Possession of stolen vehicle. 20 years (12 suspended). Sentence began February 2012.
• OLIVER, Glynda M. False declaration of ownership in pawn. Five years. Sentence began April 2012.
• PIERSON, Brian E. Second-degree burglary. Five years. Sentence began February 2012.
• ROSS, Terrelle L. Robbery with a weapon. 15 years. Sentence began December 2001.
• SIMPSON, Brandon N. Possession of controlled substance within 2,000 feet of park/school. Five years. Sentence began June 2012.
• WASSON, James J. Jr. Shooting with intent to kill. 90 years. Sentence began October 1996.
• BUCKHORN, Watie N. Jr. Assault and battery with a dangerous or deadly weapon. 10 years. Sentence began May 2010.
• DRAKE, John M. Assault and battery with a dangerous weapon. 10 years (five suspended). Sentence began January 2013.
• EVANS, Ladamien L. Possession of controlled substance. Eight years. Sentence began September 2011.
• FLORES, Jimmy L. Driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. Five years. Sentence began October 2012.
• HEARNON, Mikel N. Manufacture of controlled dangerous substance/possession material with intent to manufacture. 20 years (15 suspended). Sentence began September 2012.