At its regular meeting Tuesday, the Muskogee Board of Education approved:
• Superintendent’s Report — Policies & Procedures Manual, Dan Hall.
• Reports/comments from members of the Board of Education.
• Annual approval of option for calculation of school years by days or hours. The school year consists of not less than 1,080 hours of classroom instruction. Not more than 30 of these hours shall be used for professional meetings. In addition, parent-teacher conferences may be held during the school day and counted as classroom instruction for no more than six hours per semester, for a total of 12 hours per school year.
• Renewal of the sublease agreement dated May 1, 2007, for $19,000,000 in improvements for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015 as required under the provisions of the Sublease Agreement between the District and the Muskogee Industrial Trust.
• Renewal of the QZAB lease purchase agreement dated Dec. 11, 2007, for $1,000,000 for the renewal of the lease-purchase of Furniture & Personal Property for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015, as required under the provisions of the Equipment Lease Purchase agreement dated Dec. 11, 2007 between the District and Zion's First National Bank.
• Renewal of the sublease agreement dated July 1, 2013 in the amount of $15,030,000 for renewal of the sublease of District Wide Improvements for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015 as required under the provisions of the Sublease Agreement dated July 1, 2013 between the District and Muskogee Industrial Trust.
A. Reappointment — Certified — Melony Carey, David Walkingstick, Clevetta Gray, Peggy Jones, Heather Jones, Joyce Weston, Debbie Winburn, Anayai Cooper, Vickie Albin, Dewayne Pemberton, Kim Fleak, Rafe Watkins, Rick Hoos, Larry Sholes, P. David Shouse, Dan Hattaway, Malinda Lindsey, Ed Wallace, Ronia Davison, Tonya Cox, Jim Wilson, Bonito Gay, Sonya Humphrey, Jerry Huffer, Kevin Carey, Brian Doerner, Madison Tomlinson, Garrett Davis, Dr. Justin Walker, Cheryl Hallum, Josh Berry.
B. Reappointment — Support staff — Mika Barton, Karah Lehman, Bobby Brewster, Carla Cooper, John Cooper, Curtis Forbes, Martha Brians, Dan Hall, Bob Holton, Wayne Johnson, John Little, Kim Hall, Kim Logsdon, Dessa Miller, Doug Ragsdale, Bill Parris, Ronald Remer, Rhonda Warlick, Kathy Bates, Jeff Zarnke, Aaron Torix, Michael Zubek, Wendy Burton, Michael LeDoux, Eric Wells, Odell Alexander, Megan Byfield, Kathy Rigney, Tracy Goodspeed, Jerry Burley.
C. Decline of position - Certified — Cathy Young - 5th Grade - Cherokee, effective 6-24-2014.
D. Resignation - Certified — Nichole Laymon - 4th Grade - Grant Foreman, effective 6-23-2014;
Terri Roberts - 2nd Grade - Grant Foreman, effective 7-1-2014; Angie Wheeler - 6th Grade - Whittier, effective 7-10-2014; Jeremy Griffin - English/Head Baseball Coach - MHS, effective 6-30-2014.
E. Employment - Certified — Jennifer Carpenter, Elementary Counselor, effective 8-11-2-14; Heather Lasson - Special Education Teacher - BFSA, effective 8-11-2014.
F. Employment - Certified - Temporary — Brandy Hayes - 5th Grade - Cherokee - effective 8-11,2014; Kim Flanary - 4th Grade - BFSA, effective 8-11-2014; Mary Thomason - 3rd Grade - Cherokee, effective 8-11-2014; Sarah Ginsberg - 5th Grade - Creek, effective 8-11-2014; Adam Cooper - 2nd Grade - Creek, effective 8-11-2014; Hillary LeDoux - 6th Grade - Grant Foreman, effective 8-11-2014; Aqeela Ali - Kindergarten - Pershing, effective 8-11-2014; Tracy Kenyon - 6th Grade - Pershing, effective 8-11-2014; Shawna Wright - 3rd Grade - Pershing, effective 8-11-2014; Jenna Schwiesow - 2nd Grade - Pershing, effective 8-11-2014; Felisa Singleton - Special Education - MHS, effective 8-11-2014; Bradley Spears - Assistant Band Director - MHS, effective 8-11-2014; TBA - Head Baseball Coach - MHS, effective 8-11-2014.
G. Retirement - Support — Linda Chaffin - Secretary, Transportation -effective 10-1-2014; Stephen McKinney - 6hr CNS Associate - MHS, effective 6-30-2014; Janie Williams - Attendance Secretary - MHS, effective 7-1-2014; Linda Chaffin - Secretary - Transportation, effective 9-1-2014.
H. Resignation - Support — Jennifer Hilbern - Elementary Secretary - Cherokee, effective 7-10-2014; Yulonda Wilkerson - Teacher Assistant - ECC, effective 7-15-2014; Hershel Mayle - Bus Driver - Transportation, effective 7-7-2014.
I. Non-completion of Probation - Support — Tommy Hutson - Security Guard - ARJH, effective 6-23-2014.
J. Employment - Support — Karen Hattaway - 6hr Office Assistant - Grant Foreman, effective 8-11-2014; Dorothy Mabe - CNS Manager - Irving, effective 8-11-2014; Dollie “Dee” Smith - Bus Driver - Transportation, effective 8-11-2014; Greg Parsons - Bus Driver - Transportation, effective 8-11-2014; Melissa Watkins - Bus Driver - Transportation, effective 8-11-2014.
K. Employment - Support - Temporary — Brenda Morris - Elementary Secretary - Cherokee - effective 7-21-2014; Courtney Walker - Attendance Secretary - MHS - effective 7-21-2014; Lachelle Wilson - Paraprofessional - BFSA, effective 8-11-2014; Leslie Hamil - Paraprofessional - MHS Pending Parapro Test Results, effective 8-11-2014; Dorothy Roberson - Paraprofessional - MHS, effective 8-11-2014; Jeannie Robinson - Paraprofessional - MHS, effective 8-11-2014.
L. Employment - Certified - Temporary - Extra Duty:
• AP Vertical Teaming Grant - $25/hr - Fall 2015 — Joe Collins - AJRH; Zach Anderson - MHS; Terri Brossett - MHS; Rosa “Elena” Collins - MHS; Michele Colvin - MHS; Lisa Dotson - MHS; Sonya Foster - MHS; Debi Gould - MHS; Andrea Haynes - MHS; Gene Madding - MHS; Todd Peck - MHS; Jack Reavis - MHS; Kara Sholes - MHS; Mike Walcutt - MHS.
• Math Curriculum Writing Workshop - $20/hr - July 14-18, 2014 - MHS — Tina Baize, Clayton Blevins, Blane Burge, Andrea Freeman, Brandi Johnson, Gene Madding, Winter Marshall-Allen, Jaqueline Moore, Lisa Napier, Melissa O’Dell, Stephanie Payne, Mike Walcutt, Natasha Wilson.
• CPM Alignment/Training - $20/hr - July 28 to Aug. 1, 2014 — Andrew Herringshaw - BFSA; Tearsa Innis- - BFSA; Jamie Monson - BFSA; Shymekia Adams - Cherokee; Brad Huddleston - Creek; Amy Scott - Grant Foreman; Cindy Tollison; Irving; Heather Miller - Harris-Jobe; William Tindell - Pershing; Georgie Chapuis - Sadler; April Roberts - Tony Goetz; Angie Satterfield - Tony Goetz; Annette Custer - Whittier; Cody Autrey - AR; Tyler Cramer - AR; Catherine Dennis - AR; Joie Estes - AR; Lora Fairfield - AR; Debbie Thompson - AR; Lisa Young - AR; Brenda Reading - RAA; Clayton Blevins - MHS; Blane Burge - MHS; Andrea Freeman - MHS; Brandi Johnson - MHS; Gene Madding - MHS; Winter Marshall-Allen - MHS; Jaqueline Moore - MHS; Lisa Napier - MHS; Melissa O’Dell - MHS; Stephanie Payne - MHS; Mike Walcutt - MHS; Natasha Wilson - MHS.
14. NEW BUSINESS
Next Regular Meeting — 6 p.m. Aug. 19.
At its regular meeting Tuesday, the Muskogee Board of Education approved:
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Cherokee County man pleads guilty in federal court
- P.M. UPDATE: Voter registration deadline nears
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report July 25, 2014
- Man shot to death; teenager arrested
- Kidnapping, robbery alleged
- Leads pour in after church fire
- FCCLA competitors bring home gold
- Paralegal training offered online
- Road work commences at Sequoyah
- Area shelters’ dogs to be shown Saturday
- More Local News Headlines