At its regular meeting Tuesday, the Hilldale Board of Education:
• Approved monthly encumbrances for 2013-2014: General Fund encumbrance #s: 581-620; 50220-50226; and Activity Fund.
• Heard treasurer’s report, facilities/construction update, administrators’ reports.
• Discussed calendar of events, Healthy/Fit & Safety committee meetings, student activities/athletics, child nutrition, and curriculum.
• Heard Hilldale Association of Classroom Teachers report.
• Reviewed Comprehensive Learning and Education Plan.
• Approved additional fundraisers for the 2013-14 school year.
• Approved 14 and denied 25 open transfers for the 2014-15 school year.
• Discussed upcoming Community Forum, Jan. 30.
• Approved the following changes to the regular board meeting dates for 2014: May 13 changed to May 6; June 10 changed to June 3.
• Approved employment of Krystal M. Herrin, special education teacher, effective 01-01-14; Sarah Russell, long-term substitute, effective 01-01-14.
• Approved employment of Carrie Huber, payroll/HR coordinator, effective 01-14-14; Lindsey Saunders, systems administrator, effective 01-14-14.