At its regular meeting Tuesday, the Muskogee Board of Education:
• Accepted of election results of the School Election conducted on Feb. 11 as certified by the Muskogee County Election Board. Election of Board Member, Office # 4, Gary Bivin.
• Administered oath of office and loyalty oath to board member Gary Bivin.
• Reorganized board of education officers for March 2014 to February 2015: President, Larry Leatherman; Vice president, John Barton; Board clerk, Mike Ebert.
• Appointed board members for board committee positions: Personnel, Keith Biglow and Mike Ebert; Finance, John Barton and Larry Leatherman; Curriculum, Gary Bivin and Larry Leatherman.
• Recognized staff members:
Certified — Amy Tull, BFSA and Whitney Padgett, MHS
Support — Doug Ragsdale, MHS and James Hill, Maintenance.
Superintendent's report — Michael Garde.
National School Counselor Week
• Heard a bond issue update from Wayne Johnson.
• Approved out-of-state trip: April 23 to 27, VEX Robotics Worlds Championship, Los Angeles, two adults, six students.
Board members approved the following Personnel items:
A. Family Medical Leave - Certified - Autumn Keese, 2nd Grade Teacher, Whittier, effective 1-22-2014 up to 12 weeks; Audra Whisenant, Reading Teacher, ARJH, effective 1-14-2014 thru 2-10-2014.
B. Resignation - Certified - Kari Wall, 1st Grade Teacher, Creek, effective 2-14-2014.
C. Employment - Certified - Temporary - William Newlin, Math Interventionist, ARJH, effective 2-19-2014.
D. Employment - Certified - Temporary - Extra Duty - TITLE I - Andrew Herringshaw, BFSA, $25/hr; Melissa Brown, Grant Foreman, $25/hr; Catherine Dennis, ARJH, $25/hr; Joie Estes-Sneed, ARJH, $25/hr; Gifted and talented, Kathryn Jones, Creek, $1,000; Robotics, Kathryn Jones, Creek, $500.
E. Family Medical Leave - Support - Athalene Jackson, paraprofessional, BFSA, effective 1-20-2014 up to 12 weeks; Diana Gilliam, Teacher Assistant, ECC, effective 1-7-2014 thru 2-4-2014; Yulonda Wilkerson, Teacher Assistant, ECC, effective 1-27-2014 thru 2-10-2014; Colleen Mitchum, CNS Manager, Whittier, effective 11-11-2013 up to 12 weeks intermittently; Leland Fulkerson, Groundsman, Maintenance, effective 12-9-2013 up to 12 weeks; Nathaniel Stanford, Bus Driver, Transportation, effective 1-28-2014 thru 2-10-2014.
F. Retirement - Support — Renee Lewis, 6hr CNS Associate, Harris Jobe, effective 6-1-2014; Dan Chaffin, electrician, effective 2-17-14.
G. Resignation - Support — Bridget Rose, Bus Driver, Transportation, effective 2-10-2014.
H. Employment - Support — Brian Fortney, Painter, Maintenance, effective 2-19-2014; Patrick Deighan, Bus Driver, Transportation, effective 2-19-2014.
I. Family medical leave - Administration — Malinda Lindsey, Principal, ECC, effective 1-6-2014 up to 12 weeks.
J. Employment - Administration — James “Rafe” Watkins, Student Personnel Officer, MHS, effective 2-19-2014.
K. Resignation - Certified — Extra Duty - Gifted and Talented, Beverly Boyer, Creek; Robotics, Beverly Boyer, Creek.
L. Employment - Support — Extra Duty - All-school musical choreographer, Jenna Stocks, MHS, $1,000; Accompanist, Kay Huffer, AR, $25/hr.; Kerry Huffer, MHS, $25/hr.
• Next regular meeting, 6 p.m. March 11.