Phoenix Staff Reports
A Muskogee man charged with child neglect, trafficking and numerous weapons charges is being held on $500,000 bond.
Jordan Batice Mitchell, 19, was charged Tuesday in Muskogee County District Court with:
• Trafficking in illegal drugs.
• Unlawful possession of controlled drug with intent to distribute.
• Child neglect.
• Possess firearm during commission of a felony (six counts).
• Knowingly concealing stolen property (two counts).
• Unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Driving a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs.
• Possession of a controlled dangerous substance.
According to court documents, Mitchell was arrested as the result of a traffic stop. At his residence, police found marijuana, methamphetamine, scales, a money counter, more than $10,000 in cash, and several firearms, two of which had been reported stolen.
“All of the above were left in the reach of the 2-year-old child at the residence,” the document states.
The weapons included an two SKS rifles, an assault rifle, a 30/30 rifle, three pistols and a machine gun. Two of the pistols had been reported stolen.
Mitchell is scheduled to be back in court July 2 for a sounding docket. At that time, a date will be set for a preliminary hearing.