Muskogee business Trucks For You, Inc., has been an active participant in the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Smartway program since joining it in 2008. The Smartway Transportation Partnership is a voluntary program that helps truck, rail, and multi-modal freight companies improve fuel efficiency, increase environmental performance, and increase supply chain sustainability.
Over the past two years, Trucks For You, Inc., has made a significant investment in Smartway approved technologies through the purchase of high efficiency tractors, trailers and low rolling resistance tires, according to a media release. This investment was demonstrated through the company’s improved Smartway Partner efficiency scores in 2011.
After being an entry level partner for the first three years in the program, Trucks For You moved into the top half of Smartway truckload partner’s in terms of CO2 efficiency. Partners that rank in the top half of the CO2 efficiency metric are allowed to use the EPA Smartway Transportation Partnership logo on promotional material and on Smartway approved tractors and trailers.
“It’s been great being a part of the Smartway Partnership for the last four years,” Jay Calavan, executive vice president of Trucks For You said in a media release. “We are especially thrilled that the investments that we have made to improve our fleets efficiency has resulted in getting this special recognition.”
- Local News
- Area clinic fixes thousands of pets
- Commissioners to weigh sites
- USDA meeting touts programs
- Man gets 13 years in rape, sodomy
- Community baby shower to educate mothers, others
- Power outage darkens downtown
- At a glance — Muskogee Public Works and Finance committees, Muskogee City Council and Redevelopment Authority
- Porum JOM committee to meet
- Democrats to meet at MLK on Thursday
- Donations taken for family in wake of fire
- More Local News Headlines