Muskogee business Trucks For You, Inc., has been an active participant in the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Smartway program since joining it in 2008. The Smartway Transportation Partnership is a voluntary program that helps truck, rail, and multi-modal freight companies improve fuel efficiency, increase environmental performance, and increase supply chain sustainability.
Over the past two years, Trucks For You, Inc., has made a significant investment in Smartway approved technologies through the purchase of high efficiency tractors, trailers and low rolling resistance tires, according to a media release. This investment was demonstrated through the company’s improved Smartway Partner efficiency scores in 2011.
After being an entry level partner for the first three years in the program, Trucks For You moved into the top half of Smartway truckload partner’s in terms of CO2 efficiency. Partners that rank in the top half of the CO2 efficiency metric are allowed to use the EPA Smartway Transportation Partnership logo on promotional material and on Smartway approved tractors and trailers.
“It’s been great being a part of the Smartway Partnership for the last four years,” Jay Calavan, executive vice president of Trucks For You said in a media release. “We are especially thrilled that the investments that we have made to improve our fleets efficiency has resulted in getting this special recognition.”
- Local News
- Contestants show who’s top hog
- City spends $14K on meeting leader
- Parents sue MPS following student injury
- Museum shows students’ art
- Students read to celebrate Seuss
- Re-register to receive pardon and parole notices
- Roughers robotics team competes in San Antonio
- PET OF THE WEEK — Scarlett
- Medical condition may have led to crash
- Cherokee museums offer free admission
- More Local News Headlines