A Cherokee County man decided Monday not to fight his extradition from Florida back to Tahlequah, where he faces several charges of lewd molestation of a child.
Roxie Lee Wagers, 71, waived extradition in Broward County, Fla., where he has been jailed since his arrest by U.S. marshals Jan. 8.
Investigators used several sources of information to learn Wagers was in the Fort Lauderdale area and might be trying to flee the country to several possible locations.
Authorities say Wagers sexually abused several underage girls over a number of years. Formal charges include nine felony counts of lewd molestation and one count of attempted solicitation of a minor for indecent exposure.
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office will be escorting Wagers back to Tahlequah from Florida.
- Local News
- Area man to run Boston Marathon
- Man accused of sexual abuse
- District 27 DA touts progress
- Builders could get city assistance
- Seven local firms among top exporters in Oklahoma
- Family finds fun in sun at Civitan
- Gun raffle will benefit WISH
- PET OF THE WEEK — Gracie
- Area man held in child neglect case
- Bus driver accused of lewd molestation
- More Local News Headlines