A Cherokee County man decided Monday not to fight his extradition from Florida back to Tahlequah, where he faces several charges of lewd molestation of a child.
Roxie Lee Wagers, 71, waived extradition in Broward County, Fla., where he has been jailed since his arrest by U.S. marshals Jan. 8.
Investigators used several sources of information to learn Wagers was in the Fort Lauderdale area and might be trying to flee the country to several possible locations.
Authorities say Wagers sexually abused several underage girls over a number of years. Formal charges include nine felony counts of lewd molestation and one count of attempted solicitation of a minor for indecent exposure.
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office will be escorting Wagers back to Tahlequah from Florida.
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Head Start accepting enrollment applications
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report July 30, 2014
- Area pair charged after tot left alone
- OMHOF names year's inductees
- Man slain in alleged burglary used drugs
- Blaze in Euclid Street house put out
- Reward posted in hunt for murder suspect
- Hearing continued in check theft, forgery
- Ark of Faith offers school supplies
- Students chosen for OSU leadership program
- More Local News Headlines