A Cherokee County man decided Monday not to fight his extradition from Florida back to Tahlequah, where he faces several charges of lewd molestation of a child.
Roxie Lee Wagers, 71, waived extradition in Broward County, Fla., where he has been jailed since his arrest by U.S. marshals Jan. 8.
Investigators used several sources of information to learn Wagers was in the Fort Lauderdale area and might be trying to flee the country to several possible locations.
Authorities say Wagers sexually abused several underage girls over a number of years. Formal charges include nine felony counts of lewd molestation and one count of attempted solicitation of a minor for indecent exposure.
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office will be escorting Wagers back to Tahlequah from Florida.
- Local News
- Judge lowers charge in boy’s death
- Outdated bridge to be replaced
- Boynton water service stopped
- Company cited in fatal tower collapse
- Kitchen fire damages restaurant
- Fugitive in slaying found at mom’s home
- Molestation charge filed against city man
- Abandoned boat found on river
- Funeral fund set up for slain man’s family
- Registration for runoff election ends today
- More Local News Headlines