A Cherokee County man decided Monday not to fight his extradition from Florida back to Tahlequah, where he faces several charges of lewd molestation of a child.
Roxie Lee Wagers, 71, waived extradition in Broward County, Fla., where he has been jailed since his arrest by U.S. marshals Jan. 8.
Investigators used several sources of information to learn Wagers was in the Fort Lauderdale area and might be trying to flee the country to several possible locations.
Authorities say Wagers sexually abused several underage girls over a number of years. Formal charges include nine felony counts of lewd molestation and one count of attempted solicitation of a minor for indecent exposure.
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office will be escorting Wagers back to Tahlequah from Florida.
- Local News
- A.M. update: Muskogee-Booker T game at Webster tonight.
- Contestants show who’s top hog
- City spends $14K on meeting leader
- Parents sue MPS following student injury
- Museum shows students’ art
- Students read to celebrate Seuss
- Re-register to receive pardon and parole notices
- Roughers robotics team competes in San Antonio
- PET OF THE WEEK — Scarlett
- Medical condition may have led to crash
- More Local News Headlines