A Cherokee County man decided Monday not to fight his extradition from Florida back to Tahlequah, where he faces several charges of lewd molestation of a child.
Roxie Lee Wagers, 71, waived extradition in Broward County, Fla., where he has been jailed since his arrest by U.S. marshals Jan. 8.
Investigators used several sources of information to learn Wagers was in the Fort Lauderdale area and might be trying to flee the country to several possible locations.
Authorities say Wagers sexually abused several underage girls over a number of years. Formal charges include nine felony counts of lewd molestation and one count of attempted solicitation of a minor for indecent exposure.
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office will be escorting Wagers back to Tahlequah from Florida.
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Griffin Foods takes part in NYC food show
- P.M. UPDATE: Cherokee Heritage Center to host art show
- P.M. UPDATE: Hoops for Troops offers vets tickets to Tulsa Shock
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report July 23, 2014
- Port hires development leader
- Force used in shooting necessary
- Foundation seeks grant inquiries
- Flowers bring smiles at nursing home
- Hotshots ready to play
- Blood donations down
- More Local News Headlines