A Cherokee County man decided Monday not to fight his extradition from Florida back to Tahlequah, where he faces several charges of lewd molestation of a child.
Roxie Lee Wagers, 71, waived extradition in Broward County, Fla., where he has been jailed since his arrest by U.S. marshals Jan. 8.
Investigators used several sources of information to learn Wagers was in the Fort Lauderdale area and might be trying to flee the country to several possible locations.
Authorities say Wagers sexually abused several underage girls over a number of years. Formal charges include nine felony counts of lewd molestation and one count of attempted solicitation of a minor for indecent exposure.
The Cherokee County Sheriff's Office will be escorting Wagers back to Tahlequah from Florida.
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report March 7, 2014
- Youths take no bull at livestock show
- Haskell sues Boynton over water
- Industrial expansion could bring street improvements
- Rotary luncheon recognizes wellness promotion efforts
- ICTC names four as students of month
- Anti-poverty session slated for Saturday
- Spay/neuter clinic scheduling times
- ICTC health courses taking applications
- Hilldale preschool screening March 25-26
- More Local News Headlines