You can help
Anyone interested in donating clothes to Katrina Moore, who lost her home and belongings in a house fire Wednesday at 2615 Elgin St., can reach Moore at (405) 838-8827.
Moore has four children, including a 4-year-old, a 3-year-old, an 18-month-old and a 5-month-old.
Space heater safety tips
Muskogee Fire Department Fire Marshal Ray Bob Daniels offered some tips to safely use a space heater during cold winter months.
• Keep combustible materials at least 3 to 5 feet from the heaters: “Anything closer runs the risk of catching on fire.”
• Don’t plug space heaters into extension cords: “Some of these space heaters pull quite a few amps. Some can pull so many amps that they’ll start a fire.”
• Don’t place space heaters directly on the carpet. Instead, place them on something non-flammable: “Set it on a tile floor, or if you have to put it on a carpeted floor, place something non-flammable underneath it first.”