WHAT: Muskogee Public Works, Finance Committee regular meeting.
WHEN: 4 p.m. Tuesday.
WHERE: City Council Chambers, third floor, Muskogee Municipal Building, 229 W. Okmulgee Ave.
ON TV: Broadcast live on Suddenlink Channel 14.
• Convening a public hearing and take action on the approval of an ordinance rezoning the property located on the northeast corner of 16th Street and Shawnee Bypass from single-family residential to local commercial district and, if approved, authorize staff to revise the zoning map.
• Approval of a preliminary and final plat of the Springs at Honor Heights Addition, consisting of one lot on 29.372 acres located on West Okmulgee Avenue.
• Discussion regarding the status of the Martin Luther King Center building repairs and take any necessary action.
• Report regarding proposed drainage improvements for the Elliot and Dayton Street and Chandler Road detention basins and provide direction to staff.
• Approval of a resolution supporting the Oklahoma Airport Operators Association and the city of Stillwater’s efforts to seek reconsideration of the FAA’s asset study and airport classification standards.
• Approval of a resolution declaring (22) 1-ton super sacks of filter media surplus to the needs of the city and authorizing disposition of the same.
• Approval of traffic control for bicycle facilities on Seventh Street from West Southside Boulevard north to Terrace and on 12th Street from West Okmulgee Avenue north to Martin Luther King Street.
• Approval of claims for all city departments Jan. 21 through Feb. 2.
• Awarding purchase of two 8-foot rotary cutters for best bid to P&K Equipment in the amount of $5,999.07 each.
• Approval of bid from Muskogee Communications in the amount of $199,994 as increased per specification and subject to any applicable rebates for purchase of New VHF Motorola digital radios, VHF Motorola repeaters and all associated equipment.
• Awarding purchase of a 12-inch brush chipper to low bidder Miner’s Equipment in the amount of $29,000.
• Approval of rejecting all bids received on the half-ton extended cab, four-wheel drive truck and approval of making the purchase off the state contract for the lower purchase price.
• Approval of final payment to Engineering Design Associates in the amount of $382.85 for engineering service in the electrical remodel of Muskogee Police Station.
• Approval to reject the only bid received for 2-yard solid waste containers, rear-loading type, and authorize staff to rebid.
• Approval of final payment in the amount of $25,608.43 to Jones Plan LLC, for the Teaching Gardens and Butterfly Sanctuary at Honor Heights Park.
• Awarding construction contract to the low bidder, Shaw Contracting, for a bid of $213,000 with two alternates for $60,000 and unit price of $20 per cubic yard for the total amount $273,020.
• Approval of best bid for Hurst Jaws of Life E-draulic equipment from Tech Rescue of Mannford for $59,830 plus optional items for $4090 for a total of $63,920.
• Discussion and possible action on authorizing the city manager to submit grant requests to the City of Muskogee Foundation for the following projects: juvenile and adult community service program; housing rehabilitation program; police patrol car video cameras and body cameras; police tactical vehicle; first responder training center; iPads for fire trucks; street improvements; and Civic Air Patrol building rehabilitation.