At its regular meeting Tuesday, the Muskogee Board of Education:
• Reorganized Board of Education with Muriel Saunders, president; Larry Leatherman, vice president; John Barton, clerk.
• Appointed board members to committees: Keith Biglow and Muriel Saunders, personnel; John Barton and Larry Leatherman, finance; Stacy Alexander and Muriel Saunders, curriculum.
• Recognized Early Childhood Center teacher Kayla Tracy and Alice Robertson Junior High math teacher Debbie Thompson as Certified Employees of the Month.
• Recognized Whittier Elementary para-professional Brenda Derrick and finance secretary Cindy Boydstun as Support of the Month.
• Saw a performance from the upcoming all-school musical.
• Heard a review and explanation of the Common Core Curriculum.
• Approved the CONSENT AGENDA. See Online.
Upon return from executive session, approved the following personnel items:
• Medical leave for: Cynthia Justice, kindergarten teacher, BFSA; Jamie Lee, pre-K teacher, ECC; Jessica Laymon, second grade teacher, Whittier; Kerry Hillmon, special education teacher, Grant Foreman.
• Resignation of Preston Rogers, third grade teacher, Cherokee; Michelle Pitchford, speech pathologist, ECC/Whittier; Karen Hixon, first grade teacher, Grant Foreman.
• Temporary employment, certified: Christy Lockhart, third-grade teacher, Cherokee; Cody Arnold, fifth-grade teacher, Creek.
• Resignation of temporary extra duty of the certified staff: Academic Gifted and Talented: Preston Rogers, Cherokee; Web page designer, Preston Rogers, Cherokee.
• Extra duty employment of the certified staff: Tamra Scherer, director, Camp Bennett, $7,200. Music/Rhythm, Amy Pool, adult $20/hour; Outdoor/Recreation, Stacie Harris, adult, $20/hour; Science/Nature, Ramona McDaniel, adult, $20/hour; Arts/Crafts, Diana Lushenko, ESY, $25/hour; Music/Rhythm, Amy Pool, ESY, $25/hour; Outdoor/Recreation, Stacie Harris, ESY, $25/hour; Science/Nature, Ramona McDaniel, ESY, $25/hour; Patricia Brewster, ESY, $25/hour; Janeen Fowler, ESY, $25/hour; Susan Garland, ESY, $25/hour; Victoria Hand, ESY, $25/hour; Hillary Lincoln, ESY, $25/hour; Jana O'Neal; ESY, $25/hour; Lisa Rogers, ESY, $25/hour.
• GIFTED & TALENTED : Samantha Fowler, Cherokee $1,000; Louise Raigoza, Harris-Jobe $2,000.
• READING INTERVENTIONIST: Jeanne Coffman, Whittier, $25/hour.
• TITLE I TUTOR: Sandra Riley, BFSA, $25/hour; Erin Crissman; Pershing, $25/hour; Kathy Howard, Pershing, $25/hour; Debra McCann, Pershing, $25/hour; Patricia Rice, Pershing, $25/hour; Katy Thomson, Pershing, $25/hour.
• WEBPAGE DESIGNER: Samantha Fowler, Cherokee, $403.
• ATHLETICS GATE WORKER: Susan Gatzman, $20/hour.
• Family medical leave of the support staff: Wendy Wallace, payroll specialist, BEST Center; Velma Baker, custodian, AR; Maria Colina, bus assistant, transportation.
• Retirement of the support staff for the 2012-2013 school year: Faye Abernathy, Indian Ed. Family/School Liaison.
• Resignation of the support staff for the 2012-2013 school year: Lindy Ford, six-hour CNS associate, AR.
• Temporary employment of the support staff: Rhonda Harder, district activity fund custodian, BEST Center.
• Employment of the support staff: Andrew Harris, technology technician, BEST Center; Rusty Sturgeon, bus driver.
• Temporary extra duty employment of the support staff for the 2012-2013 school year:
ACADEMIC CAMP BENNETT
• ASSISTANT COUNSELOR: Christina Alyea , ESY, $15/hour; Mark Haile, ESY, $15/hour; Sherry Morgan, ESY, $15/hour; Jenny Turner, ESY, $15/hour.
• BUS ASSISTANT/ASSISTANT COUNSELOR: Canzaty Thompson, adult, $15/hour; Canzaty Thompson, ESY, $15/hour.
• BUS DRIVER: Patrick Deighan, ESY, $15/hr.
• BUS DRIVER/ASSISTANT COUNSELOR: Pam Jenkins, adult, $15/hour; Pam Jenkins, ESY, $15/hour.
CUSTODIAN: Gena Whitaker, ESY, $15/hour.
ATHLETIC GATE WORKERS: Michelle McCall, $20/hour; Prentiss McNac-Lay, $15/hour.
• A new position for boot camp drill instructor.
• Minutes of Previous Meetings: Jan. 15 and Feb. 14, Special Meeting.
• Schedule of payments.
Checks to be issued in payment of January encumbrances/invoices as duly audited from the funds and in the amounts listed below and itemized in the financial reports:
AP - Checks # 20132722 to 20133239, $2,694,998.68.
PR - Checks #1300107 to 1300114, $3,172.56.
DD's - # 1354752 to 1355678, $1,602,049.08.
• Schedule of Encumbrances, numbered 21303471 to 21303970, $1,440,676.44.
• Operating & investment funds, Jan. 1-30: Operating account, $6,098,609.
• Financial report.
• Purchase Orders over $3,500.
21303462 Tiger Direct 11 $4,016.19 Computers.
21303504 Rosentein, Fist $10,000 Legal fees.
21303591 John Michael's Music $24,019.98 Keyboard lab.
21303592 OESC $16,172.53 Unemployment.
21303632 Tri-State Floors $4,875 Auditorium floor.
21303647 Catapult Learning West $7,995 Prof development.
21303676 Tulsa Scenic $29,987 Stage lights.
21303678 John Michael's Music $25,796.34 Keyboard lab.
21303679 Capital Stage Equipment $16,922.
21303754 NSBA $3,775 Registration.
21303789 Clark Oil $10,000 Gas.
21303790 Clark Oil $16,000 Diesel.
21303825 Ruth Kelly Studios $4,000 MHS course book.
21303836 OK Health Care $15,456.51 Medicaid billing.
21303841 OTRS $329,145.31 Nov. TRS.
21303916 AAA Travel Agency $6,628.75 NSBA airfare hotel.
21303919 Baptist Athletic Supply $4,749.90 Softball supplies.
21303941 Ronnie Newton $ 6,000 Construction svc.
21303370 Keane Construction $11,340 Pavilion.
21303596 Murray Womble 21 $19,644 Install.
21303703 Northside Trucks $67,318 2 CNG transits.
21303473 Tankersley 22 $7,715.31 Grocery.
21303474 Tankersley $26,905.86 Grocery.
21303546 Tankersley $9,641.97 Grocery.
21303547 Tankersley $9,641.97 Grocery.
21303618 Alpha Foods $ 5,110.80 Grocery.
21303619 Alpha Foods $7,767.30 Grocery.
21303620 Jennie o Turkey $5,288.86 Grocery.
21303621 Michael Foods $4,261.65 Grocery.
21303622 Pilgrims Pride $7,731 Grocery.
21303623 Tankersley $7,289.06 Grocery.
21303624 JM Sucker $6,335 Grocery.
21303671 Love Bottling $ 4,100 Grocery.
21303672 Pierre Foods $7,853.36 Grocery.
21303675 Tankersley $5,885.24 Grocery.
21303796 Freshpoint OKC $75,000 Produce.
21303799 Tankersley $9,025.82 Grocery.
21303027 Jostens 60 $3,608.47 Diploma covers.
21303077 Century Resources $4,000 Fundraiser items.
21303413 School Health Corp $3,897 Drug tests.
• Activity Fund Transfers
MHS 98480 Clearing $1,573.55.
98760 Class of 2014 $718.34.
98970 Innovative Ideas $161.41.
98700 Class of 2012 $26.
99620 Scout Advertising $78.04.
98090 All School Musical $5,720.
98040 Asst. Supt. Instr. $18.09.
99030 Indian Ed $105.51.
99350 NASA $79.84.
98860 General $ 3,845.
Transportation 98540 Concessions $153.01.
District 98860 General $153.01.
RAA 99380 Parenting $40.
98540 Concessions $40.
• Bid 1303 - Sale of surplus equipment:
Vicky Barnett, $286 (highest bidders per line item, ties.
Randy Hall, $73 awarded to Mr. Hall per Ms. Barnett).
• Policy additions/revisions.
ECF, Advertising in district media and at district facilities.
BCA, Organization and election of officers.