The Hospital Volunteers of Oklahoma recently recognized volunteers from across the state as 2012 Volunteers with Spirit. The awards were presented during the Hospital Volunteer Day Luncheon at the Oklahoma Hospital Association Annual Convention on Oct. 31.
Tahlequah City Hospital’s Volunteer with Spirit was Bernadine Summerlin.
The award was given to hospital volunteers who exemplify the spirit of service and have a passion for the work they do for their organizations, according to a media release. Volunteers with Spirit winners bring something special to their local hospital auxiliaries by standing out from the rest in what they do, how they do it or why they do it. Each volunteer auxiliary at Oklahoma hospitals was given the opportunity to choose one person for the award.
- Local News
- Three sites considered for juvenile lockup
- SUNDAY EXTRA: Social studies tests in cross hairs
- Is testing troublesome? Teachers differ
- City pursues $1M grant to promote local retailing
- Traditions thrive at Art Under the Oaks
- Interactive event to show what deafness is like
- Businessman learned to deal with adversity
- Day-care center provides meals, lessons for kids
- Cherokees to buy buses that use CNG
- Cherokee celebration Monday at Capitol
- More Local News Headlines