The Hospital Volunteers of Oklahoma recently recognized volunteers from across the state as 2012 Volunteers with Spirit. The awards were presented during the Hospital Volunteer Day Luncheon at the Oklahoma Hospital Association Annual Convention on Oct. 31.
Tahlequah City Hospital’s Volunteer with Spirit was Bernadine Summerlin.
The award was given to hospital volunteers who exemplify the spirit of service and have a passion for the work they do for their organizations, according to a media release. Volunteers with Spirit winners bring something special to their local hospital auxiliaries by standing out from the rest in what they do, how they do it or why they do it. Each volunteer auxiliary at Oklahoma hospitals was given the opportunity to choose one person for the award.
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Cherokee County man pleads guilty in federal court
- P.M. UPDATE: Voter registration deadline nears
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report July 25, 2014
- Man shot to death; teenager arrested
- Kidnapping, robbery alleged
- Leads pour in after church fire
- FCCLA competitors bring home gold
- Paralegal training offered online
- Road work commences at Sequoyah
- Area shelters’ dogs to be shown Saturday
- More Local News Headlines