The Hospital Volunteers of Oklahoma recently recognized volunteers from across the state as 2012 Volunteers with Spirit. The awards were presented during the Hospital Volunteer Day Luncheon at the Oklahoma Hospital Association Annual Convention on Oct. 31.
Tahlequah City Hospital’s Volunteer with Spirit was Bernadine Summerlin.
The award was given to hospital volunteers who exemplify the spirit of service and have a passion for the work they do for their organizations, according to a media release. Volunteers with Spirit winners bring something special to their local hospital auxiliaries by standing out from the rest in what they do, how they do it or why they do it. Each volunteer auxiliary at Oklahoma hospitals was given the opportunity to choose one person for the award.
- Local News
- Wallace in final commission term
- Wagoner reviews livestock ordinance
- Change of guard at CASA
- She finds happiness doing things for others
- SUNDAY EXTRA: Snow removal costs city $7,000
- Schedules shift for snow days
- Sale wraps up livestock show
- Growth common focus at retreat
- Red Cross dodgeball fundraiser hits record
- Dine, dance and donate to help children at gala
- More Local News Headlines