The Hospital Volunteers of Oklahoma recently recognized volunteers from across the state as 2012 Volunteers with Spirit. The awards were presented during the Hospital Volunteer Day Luncheon at the Oklahoma Hospital Association Annual Convention on Oct. 31.
Tahlequah City Hospital’s Volunteer with Spirit was Bernadine Summerlin.
The award was given to hospital volunteers who exemplify the spirit of service and have a passion for the work they do for their organizations, according to a media release. Volunteers with Spirit winners bring something special to their local hospital auxiliaries by standing out from the rest in what they do, how they do it or why they do it. Each volunteer auxiliary at Oklahoma hospitals was given the opportunity to choose one person for the award.
- Local News
- AR student held after online threat
- Homeowner grateful for fire call
- Municipal officials out to fight bill
- Weight-loss drive starts in Tahlequah
- Vandals strike at three Okay churches
- Kansas arboretum provides native plant landscaping aid
- Corps session today on Tenkiller Lake plan
- Two area students to be in leadership class
- Wild horse, burro adoption Friday and Saturday
- Muskogee County District Court 04.17.14
- More Local News Headlines