The Hospital Volunteers of Oklahoma recently recognized volunteers from across the state as 2012 Volunteers with Spirit. The awards were presented during the Hospital Volunteer Day Luncheon at the Oklahoma Hospital Association Annual Convention on Oct. 31.
Tahlequah City Hospital’s Volunteer with Spirit was Bernadine Summerlin.
The award was given to hospital volunteers who exemplify the spirit of service and have a passion for the work they do for their organizations, according to a media release. Volunteers with Spirit winners bring something special to their local hospital auxiliaries by standing out from the rest in what they do, how they do it or why they do it. Each volunteer auxiliary at Oklahoma hospitals was given the opportunity to choose one person for the award.
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Fundraiser set to help with funeral expenses of homicide victim
- P.M. UPDATE: Oklahoma court affirms life sentence in death
- P.M. UPDATE: Head Start accepting enrollment applications
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report July 30, 2014
- Area pair charged after tot left alone
- OMHOF names year's inductees
- Man slain in alleged burglary used drugs
- Blaze in Euclid Street house put out
- Reward posted in hunt for murder suspect
- Hearing continued in check theft, forgery
- More Local News Headlines