A 47-year-old Warner man was charged Wednesday with rape by instrumentation and lewd molestation involving a child under the age of 12.
Charles “Chuck” LaBounty is being held without bond in the Muskogee County/City Detention Facility. He was arraigned Wednesday after being booked into jail at 9:45 p.m. Tuesday.
From 20 to 30 additional counts of lewd molestation or rape could possibly be filed against LaBounty, said Muskogee County Assistant District Attorney Nikki Baker Dotson.
She expects to receive additional investigation reports today.
LaBounty was arrested Tuesday evening at his home in Warner, said Muskogee County Deputy Jan Ray. LaBounty recently separated from his wife and apparently lived alone, officials said.
Ray was typing an additional investigation report late Wednesday afternoon to be given to Dotson, but the investigation is far from over, Ray said. Officials said another person may be charged in connection with failure to report the alleged crimes.
LaBounty, ordained as a licensed minister in June 2006, according to Muskogee County Court records, is a lay preacher at a rural church between Warner and Webbers Falls. He is employed at a Muskogee industry.
Lay preacher also charged with lewd molestation involving a child under 12
- Local News
- Funeral for slain man draws capacity crowd
- 'I am here to try and get things done'
- District 1 hopefuls address blue law
- Turnpike passes to be usable on North Texas system
- Shoppers take sales tax holiday
- Hearing set for man shot by officer
- Sentence upheld in adoption fraud
- Court date scheduled in fatal boat collision
- Restaurant back in business after fire
- Eufaula motorist in hospital after crash
- More Local News Headlines