The Muskogee Area Red Cross is offering CPR certification classes for $5 in March as part of a disaster preparedness promotion.
Adult CPR is 8 a.m.-noon and infant/child CPR from 1-5p.m. on March 7, 14, and 28.
Call 682-1366 for locations and enrollment.
The Red Cross also encourages residents to:
• Develop a fire and disaster plan with their families and practice it at least twice a year.
• Collect a disaster supplies kit, including water, canned food, medications, important documents, flashlight and battery-powered radio.
• Give blood so that an adequate supply will be available in case of a large-scale disaster.
• Volunteer with the American Red Cross so that plenty of people will be trained and ready to help during a local or national disaster.
In addition, a free online education module is available at www.redcross.org/BeRedCrossReady that walks visitors through three actions to “Be Red Cross Ready” for a disasters.
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Capsized boat found abandoned on Arkansas River
- BREAKING NEWS: Boynton residents without water
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report July 31, 2014
- P.M. UPDATE: Okay FCCLA members preparing backpacks
- BREAKING NEWS: Emergency personnel respond to fire at local restaurant
- Property law may delay site deal
- FG works to relieve flood risk
- County hopefuls differ on blue law
- Man accused of sexual blackmail
- Arrowhead replacing HVAC units
- More Local News Headlines