Water safety precautions
• Hold nose or wear nose plugs when jumping into the water.
• Wash open skin cuts and scrapes with clean soap and water immediately after swimming.
• Avoid swallowing water when swimming.
• Wear ear plugs to prevent ear infections and swim goggles or masks to prevent eye infections.
• Avoid swimming near storm drains and in areas where there is floating debris, stagnant water, oil sheens or dead fish.
• Take children to the rest room frequently and use swim diapers on infants.
Source: Oklahoma Department
of Environmental Quality