The Cherokee Nation is offering students an exclusive look at its rich history and culture through an education tour grant program.
Cherokee Nation Cultural Tourism is awarding the grants to increase the experience and knowledge of Cherokee history and culture for elementary students attending public schools within the tribe’s 14-county jurisdiction.
Funding is on a first-come, first-served basis. Schools that do not meet the requirements or miss the deadline may experience the program for a small fee.
Applications are available until March 10 or until all available field trips have been filled at http://www.CherokeeTourismOK.com.
P.M. UPDATE: Cherokee Nation accepting grant applications from schools to participate in history field trips
- Local News
- Jailer accused of letting drugs in
- ICTC students to show auto skills
- Officer could face discipline after post
- Court lets murder decision stand
- Class will teach lifesaving techniques for pets
- Woman top ICTC support staffer
- Catapult winners tops at Tinker Fest
- Hilldale junior serves as page
- Student to make ag presentation
- CSC alumni reunion planned Saturday
- More Local News Headlines