The Cherokee Nation is offering students an exclusive look at its rich history and culture through an education tour grant program.
Cherokee Nation Cultural Tourism is awarding the grants to increase the experience and knowledge of Cherokee history and culture for elementary students attending public schools within the tribe’s 14-county jurisdiction.
Funding is on a first-come, first-served basis. Schools that do not meet the requirements or miss the deadline may experience the program for a small fee.
Applications are available until March 10 or until all available field trips have been filled at http://www.CherokeeTourismOK.com.
P.M. UPDATE: Cherokee Nation accepting grant applications from schools to participate in history field trips
- Local News
- AR student held after online threat
- Homeowner grateful for fire call
- Municipal officials out to fight bill
- Weight-loss drive starts in Tahlequah
- Vandals strike at three Okay churches
- Kansas arboretum provides native plant landscaping aid
- Corps session today on Tenkiller Lake plan
- Two area students to be in leadership class
- Wild horse, burro adoption Friday and Saturday
- Muskogee County District Court 04.17.14
- More Local News Headlines