The Cherokee Nation is offering students an exclusive look at its rich history and culture through an education tour grant program.
Cherokee Nation Cultural Tourism is awarding the grants to increase the experience and knowledge of Cherokee history and culture for elementary students attending public schools within the tribe’s 14-county jurisdiction.
Funding is on a first-come, first-served basis. Schools that do not meet the requirements or miss the deadline may experience the program for a small fee.
Applications are available until March 10 or until all available field trips have been filled at http://www.CherokeeTourismOK.com.
P.M. UPDATE: Cherokee Nation accepting grant applications from schools to participate in history field trips
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Capsized boat found abandoned on Arkansas River
- BREAKING NEWS: Boynton residents without water
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report July 31, 2014
- P.M. UPDATE: Okay FCCLA members preparing backpacks
- BREAKING NEWS: Emergency personnel respond to fire at local restaurant
- Property law may delay site deal
- FG works to relieve flood risk
- County hopefuls differ on blue law
- Man accused of sexual blackmail
- Arrowhead replacing HVAC units
- More Local News Headlines