The Cherokee Nation is offering students an exclusive look at its rich history and culture through an education tour grant program.
Cherokee Nation Cultural Tourism is awarding the grants to increase the experience and knowledge of Cherokee history and culture for elementary students attending public schools within the tribe’s 14-county jurisdiction.
Funding is on a first-come, first-served basis. Schools that do not meet the requirements or miss the deadline may experience the program for a small fee.
Applications are available until March 10 or until all available field trips have been filled at http://www.CherokeeTourismOK.com.
P.M. UPDATE: Cherokee Nation accepting grant applications from schools to participate in history field trips
- Local News
- Porum shooting probe ongoing
- Family: Man shot was ‘good, funny’
- First Baptist searches for new pastor
- Resident clears limbs, downed tree
- Tribes battle over trust land application
- Back-to-school fashion to pay off
- Two Hip Chicks bring bling
- Military ballots are ready for download
- Tri-Council Meeting set
- Haskell sex offender gets 35 months
- More Local News Headlines