The Cherokee Nation is offering students an exclusive look at its rich history and culture through an education tour grant program.
Cherokee Nation Cultural Tourism is awarding the grants to increase the experience and knowledge of Cherokee history and culture for elementary students attending public schools within the tribe’s 14-county jurisdiction.
Funding is on a first-come, first-served basis. Schools that do not meet the requirements or miss the deadline may experience the program for a small fee.
Applications are available until March 10 or until all available field trips have been filled at http://www.CherokeeTourismOK.com.
P.M. UPDATE: Cherokee Nation accepting grant applications from schools to participate in history field trips
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report March 7, 2014
- Youths take no bull at livestock show
- Haskell sues Boynton over water
- Industrial expansion could bring street improvements
- Rotary luncheon recognizes wellness promotion efforts
- ICTC names four as students of month
- Anti-poverty session slated for Saturday
- Spay/neuter clinic scheduling times
- ICTC health courses taking applications
- Hilldale preschool screening March 25-26
- More Local News Headlines