Races for Muskogee and Gore school boards have shown up in Monday filings for area board of education elections.
Filing for area school board races runs until 5 p.m. Wednesday. Most public school races are for Office 4.
Incumbent Muriel Saunders faces Dorian A. Dyer for the Muskogee Board of Education, Office 4. Saunders has held the office for 20 years.
Muskogee Public Schools’ Office 4 follows the same boundaries as Muskogee City Council Ward 4 that are within the MPS district, said Muskogee County Election Board Secretary Kelly Beach.
In Gore, Duane Hunt Jr. and Cody Sloan filed for the unexpired term for Office 2. There also is a full-term opening for Office 4.
Incumbent Larry Dean Sand filed for a third term on the Fort Gibson school board.
Vernon A. Antonioni filed for the Hilldale Office 4 seat. Incumbent Shawn Kuykendall said he would not seek reelection.
The annual school board elections will be Feb. 11. If no candidate receives more than 50 percent of the total vote, runoffs will be held April 1.
Seats remain open in Haskell, Porum, Wainwright, Eufaula and Okay.
School board filings
• Indian Capital Technology Center, Zone 4 — James Ford Carson, Stilwell.
• Muskogee, Office 4 — Muriel Bonner Saunders, Dorian A. Dyer.
• Hilldale, Office 4 — Vernon A. Antonioni.
• Fort Gibson, Office 4 — Larry Dean Sand.
• Braggs, Office 4 — Barbara Ann Baskins.
• Oktaha, Office 4 — James Monroe Murr.
• Webbers Falls, Office 4 — Terry Hayes.
• Checotah, Office 4 — Robert Jennings.
• Ryal, Office 2 — Gail Fowler.
• Stidham, Office 2 — Adam Jones Jr.
• Gore, Unexpired term for Office 2 — Duane Hunt Jr., Cody Sloan.
• Porter, Office 4 — Joel Thomas Leavell Jr.
• Wagoner, Office 4 — Marvin Crawdad Morgan.