By Wendy Burton
Phoenix Staff Writer
During regular meetings Tuesday of the Muskogee Finance and Public Works committees and special meetings of the Parking and Redevelopment authorities, members took the following actions:
• Resolution amending the future land use map to allow zoning change from single-family residential to local commercial for property at the northwest corner of North Seventh Street and Emporia Avenue following a public hearing regarding the same.
• Ordinance rezoning property located at 812 Emporia Ave., from single-family residential to office and personal service district following a public hearing regarding the same.
• Ordinance rezoning property located at the southeast corner of Shawnee Avenue and Spruce Street from single-family residential to local commercial district following a public hearing regarding the same.
• Ordinance rezoning property located on the corner of Shawnee Avenue and North 16th Street from single-family residential to local commercial district following a public hearing regarding the same.
• Ordinance to close North 16th Street lying between Lots 25 through 32 in Block 10 and Lots 1 through 7 in Block 11 of Lincoln Park Addition following a public hearing regarding the same.
• Ordinance to close streets and alleys in the East Muskogee Addition at the Port of Muskogee and retaining all easements following a public hearing regarding the same.
• Resolution creating a one-year pilot program establishing guidelines, costs and procedures for the sale of surplus property donated to the city by the Muskogee County Board of Commissioners.
• Exercising the city’s option to purchase two parcels of real property located near the Martin Luther King Center for possible expansion plans.
• Motion to work toward the completion of all items identified as project activities during the 2013 City Council budget retreat.
• Appointments of Daniel Miller, Leigh Ann Mathews, Earnie Gilder and Johni Wardwell to serve six-year terms on the City of Muskogee Foundation’s directing board.
• Claims for all city departments April 15 through May 3.
• Contract with American Collateral Service as process server to serve citations written by code enforcement offices for various code violations.
• Low bid submitted by Hogle Plumbing for maintenance and upkeep of all city facilities and buildings.
• Low bid from Acme Reese for maintenance and upkeep of all city facilities and buildings.
• High bids from all bidders in the amount of $94,644.87 for five-year grazing leases at Davis Field.
• High bids from all bidders in the amount of $11,925 to Matt Ashwood for a five-year grazing and bailing lease on adjoining landfill beginning June 1.
• Awarding contract to low bidder, Greener Lawns, to mow specified parcels for $3,750 per mowing for the drainage easement maintenance contract.
• Awarding all “Lots” as low bid to HD Supply Waterworks Ltd. in a total amount of $47,605.71.
• Awarding $20,895 bid submitted by Texas Pride Trailers for the purchase of bumper pull roll-off trailer and roll-off open top containers for fiscal year 2014.
• Acceptance of a $234, 612.65 proposal from Peak Uptime of Tulsa to upgrade of the city’s telephone system.
• Awarding low bid of $14,550 from Baysingers Uniforms and Equipment for 30 concealable ballistic vests.
• Awarding lowest, best bid in the amount of $27,216 from Baysingers Uniforms and Equipment for 16 tactical ballistic vests.
• Ordinance that would impose an additional fine on certain traffic offenses and dedicate revenue collected from fine to fund fleet maintenance.
• Agreement with Tri-State Floors as the low bidder pursuant to the request for proposals to refurbish and repair the Muskogee Teen Center basketball court in the amount of $24,510.
• Final payment in the amount of $7,760 to Moonlight Excavation LLC, for the 321 S. Third St., demolition project.
• Receipt of donated funds in the amount of $1,175 for the month of March 2013 to the city’s Animal Shelter Sponsorship Program.
• Awarded a $334,268.40 bid to Zenith Construction Co., for construction services for a public parking facility for the Veterans Affairs Call Center.
• Ratified an $826,596-plus-costs contract for the sale of real estate located at the southwest corner of U.S. 69 and Shawnee Bypass to QuikTrip.