At a glance
Special meeting of Town of Boynton Board of Trustees
Agenda items approved:
• A request to the Eastern Oklahoma Development District for assistance with financial records and bookkeeping.
• A request for an audit by the State Auditor’s office of the financial records of the Town of Boynton.
• Closing accounts at American Bank of Oklahoma and opening new town account at Morris State Bank.
• Setting up a police department bank account.
• Setting up a court bank account.
• Requiring two signatures on each check, making all three trustees, the mayor and town clerk signatories for checks and making the mayor and town clerk the primary signatories.
• Purchasing a pre-paid card for police department gas in the amount of $500 per month and requiring the department to present receipts for each purchase for record keeping.
• A request for the mayor to seek at least three different prices on safes for Town Hall and present them to the board at the next meeting for a decision to purchase a safe.
Agenda items tabled
• Changing vehicle allowance to mileage allowance.
• Requiring the police chief to be at the school bus stop each morning Monday through Thursday.
• Requiring the police chief to purchase gas at the local station as often as possible.