If you would like to learn more about AMBER alerts, go to http://www.amberalert.gov/
Criteria for alert
Recommended criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts:
• Law enforcement must confirm that an abduction has taken place.
• The child is at risk of serious injury or death.
• There is sufficient descriptive information of the child, captor or captor’s vehicle to issue an Alert.
• The child must be 17 years old or younger.
• It is recommended that the child’s name and other critical data be entered immediately into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center. Information describing the circumstances of the abduction should be entered, and the case flagged as a child abduction.
Source: U.S. Department