The City of Muskogee Wellness Initiative, Muskogee Public Schools and Muskogee County Food and Fitness Initiative will co-sponsor a free local screening of HBO’s documentary “The Weight of a Nation” at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Sadler Arts Academy, 800 Altamont St.
The groups will screen a second film “Choices” from the four-part HBO series. Following the film, a panel of area experts will share their top tips for keeping families and kids healthy, and answer audience questions that may arise from the film.
The panel includes:
• Dr. James Baker, Muskogee internal medicine physician and chair of the Muskogee Wellness Initiative.
• Dr. Tracy Hoos, Muskogee pediatrician.
• Jennifer Rogers, registered dietician with Cherokee Nation.
• Karen Allen, fitness educator with the Oklahoma School for the Blind.
• Doug Walton, wellness policy advocate.
While the film is more appropriate for ages 13 and up, healthy activities and snacks will be available in the Sadler cafeteria for children ages 4 and older.
The City of Muskogee Wellness Initiative works to improve the health of the community by encouraging and promoting opportunities for residents to eat better, move more and be tobacco free.
Information: Lisa Wade Raasch, (918) 913-1011 or email@example.com.