The regional prevention coordinators of Neighbors Building Neighborhoods, in cooperation with the Muskogee Police Department, are encouraging area residents to remove all expired, unneeded or unused medicines from their homes and bring them to the Muskogee Fairgrounds, 1444 S. Cherokee St., for proper and safe disposal from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Medications can also be disposed of at any time at the drop-off location in the lobby of the Muskogee Police Department at 112 S. Third St.
The Take Back Day offers a free, easy solution for people to dispose of old or unneeded pills. Needles, syringes and liquids cannot be accepted.
Information: (918) 683-4600.
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Jury deliberating in first-degree murder trial
- BREAKING NEWS: NYC building explodes and collapses
- Virtual school offers education alternative
- Mistrial for teacher accused of slap
- False alarms at Bacone seen as risky
- Boynton OKs plan to pay water debt
- Boynton mayor resigns
- City councilors take oath of office
- Former resident competes for title of Mrs. Oklahoma 2014
- Tahlequah library upgrades
- More Local News Headlines