The regional prevention coordinators of Neighbors Building Neighborhoods, in cooperation with the Muskogee Police Department, are encouraging area residents to remove all expired, unneeded or unused medicines from their homes and bring them to the Muskogee Fairgrounds, 1444 S. Cherokee St., for proper and safe disposal from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Medications can also be disposed of at any time at the drop-off location in the lobby of the Muskogee Police Department at 112 S. Third St.
The Take Back Day offers a free, easy solution for people to dispose of old or unneeded pills. Needles, syringes and liquids cannot be accepted.
Information: (918) 683-4600.
- Local News
- P.M. UPDATE: Cherokee County man pleads guilty in federal court
- P.M. UPDATE: Voter registration deadline nears
- P.M. UPDATE: Muskogee Police Report July 25, 2014
- Man shot to death; teenager arrested
- Kidnapping, robbery alleged
- Leads pour in after church fire
- FCCLA competitors bring home gold
- Paralegal training offered online
- Road work commences at Sequoyah
- Area shelters’ dogs to be shown Saturday
- More Local News Headlines