MuskogeePhoenix.com, Muskogee, OK

November 26, 2013

ShadowWood fire causes $5K in damage


— A fire at ShadowWood Mall on Tuesday was possibly caused by a heating unit in the attic, said Gordon Lee, house captain with the Muskogee Fire Department. Firefighters were called to ShadowWood Mall at Fourth Street and Broadway at 9:20 a.m., and the fire was extinguished by 9:45 a.m., said Assistant Fire Chief John Tipton. The heating unit, attic ceiling, rafters and an area in one hallway were damaged by the fire, he said. Damage is estimated at $5,300.